Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add my Logo to Paypal Standard Payment Page

Hi guys

To get my site up and going quickly and to test the waters, my company have decided to go with Paypal Standard payments.

So I have gone to the business setting and removed all options of payments but the

PayPal Website Payments

When I upload the site, it does what it says on the tin, i.e. you can take payments via Paypal payment pages. However I want to add my own logo to the payment page.

I tried the instructions here:

Adding Your Logo to the PayPal Payment Page:
    To add your Logo to the PayPal Payment Page, you will need an image 150 x 50 pixels stored on a secure (SSL) server that is accessible via the web. Edit the template called Act_OCCPayPalTemplate.html located in C:\Program Files\Actinic ecommerce\Sites\Site1\CommonOCC and enter the URL of your image in the hidden form field labelled image_url and uncomment the field (follow the instructions in the HTML comment).

However the file wasnt where it said it would be it was actually in:

C:\Program Files\Actinic v9\OCCUpgrade\CommonOCC

So that was ok I edited the appropriate text. Then uploaded my site again in test mode and there was no difference to my payment page.

I then added a few random words into the Act_OCCPayPalTemplate.html to test if the paypal page was updating but once uploaded still no image and no text.

This leads me to believe that Act_OCCPayPalTemplate.html isnt being uploaded, with the rest of the site. Infact I can't even find this page when I browse the remote pages on the actinic hosted server.

Anyone got any help?

All I want to do is add my logo to the standard paypal payment page.

Please note

My logo isnt being saved in a secure SSL server but im not even getting a message to tell me this or any changes to the page at all

Also please note my site is still in test mode

Firstly, you're editting in the wrong place.
    You need to edit the file in your site folder but I suspect those instructions are old and out of date (pre-V8 when the Actinic site folders moved to My Documents)

you will need to find the Actinic V9 > Sites > site 1 (or whatever your site is called) located in your documents folder. You will find the correct OCCUpgrade folder. Make the change to the Act_OCCPayPalTemplate.html in there.
    Tracey

Comment

btw, I think there is also a setting in Paypal where you can specify a logo/header for the payment pages so you can just upload via ftp and tell Paypal where to look. I could be wrong though!
      Tracey

Comment

Ok, I've investigated this and can confirm!

If you log into Paypal, click 'profile' and select 'custom payment pages' from the right hand list.
        Here you can specify an uploaded header image, upto 750 x 90 in size and edit background colours etc.

also, the image won't HAVE to be under SSL but your customers may get a security warning if it isn't as the browser will detect non-secure items on the page.

It's probably better than messing with scripts because the scripts will only get overwritten if/when you upgrade Actinic each time anyway
        Tracey

Comment

I can confirm what Tracey says - we have a custom header graphic that is shown on the Paypal payment pages. It's quite important that it is stored on SSL though to stop the insecure messages with IE. Your hosting may have a shared SSL which will suffice.

Comment

I can confirm the same.
            I have never needed to play with the Act_OCCPayPalTemplate.html to get the custom header, just login to Paypal as Tracey has described.

If your host doesn't include any SSL storage you could check if your ISP offers any with their free webspace if offered, I know mine did, I also seem to remember that forum regular Darren B was offering some free or low cost secure image hosting at one point IIRC.
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse
            Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

http://www.sslpic.com/
              For free secure image hosting..
              Though never used it myself.
              Regards Steve

www.UltimateFightwear.co.uk
              www.thedancersshop.co.uk
              www.ice-dancer.co.uk

There must be a get rich quick scheme that works!

Comment

SSL image space

http://www.sslpic.com/ works like a dream.

Super e!
                Thank you, save me conversation with my hosting for SSL location
                http://www.knife4u.co.uk/
                http://www.nenov.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X