Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC Secure Epayments to Global Iris (Realex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gcamley View Post
    The URL is not used to access the site only to identify the server which is allowed to send requests and receive the authorisation.

What Vinu has said will be okay but the cgi-bin/os000001.pl part will probably be discarded by RealEx. If they use the URL with the script name then you will find that if you switch SellerDeck to Test Mode (the site not just the PSP) it won't work as the script ID will be different and so the URL will be rejected.
    Has anyone implemented this yet and got it all working?

RealEx keep insisting to us that the Response URL must be a scrip:

Response URL

The card holder is not redirected to the Response URL once a transaction is processed. After the transaction they will remain on the hosted payment page.

The Response URL is where your response script should be set up. This script has two functions :

1) To 'accept' the response message sent back with the result of the transaction
    2) To define the result message to be displayed to the card holder after the transaction has been processed.

Once a transaction has been completed the Global Iris system 'grabs' the result message from the response script and displays it to the card holder on the hosted payment page.

The card holder can then be brought back to your website by including a link in the response message.
    David
    Tantronics Limited
    Batteries - Chargers - Portable Power - Photo Accessories
    www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

It does seem that my colleague Vinu and RealEX are in fact correct.

For most integrations the script on the merchant's server determines the response URL when requesting the payment page from the PSP. However, in the case of RealEX, although we still send the response URL Realex ignores it and instead uses the hard-coded URL stored in the RealEX account configuration which cannot be seen or modified by the merchant other than by emailing RealEX.

This has the inconvenience that if you modify the script ID in Network Settings or test Realex after putting SellerDeck into test Mode the RealEx integration won't work unless you ask RealEx to change the Response URL. Even worse, if the scripts with the old ID still exist on the server and you don't remember to tell RealEx the new URL then the wrong scripts will be called with unknown consequences.

Sorry for the earlier incorrect information.

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
      SellerDeck.

Comment

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for clarifying it for us.
        David
        Tantronics Limited
        www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

Has anyone actually migrated from Secure Epayments to Realex and got it working and looking good.

I saw 'nippergrips' is using the default payment page.. thats pretty cold. I know it can be placed in a template, but even so.. theres not a lot of graphics.. and it doesnt inspire me with confidence.. bit worried about it, and am considering trying actinic payments.
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

We have it in trial mode at the moment (so not live on our site) and you can quite easily customise the page layout.

You just create a simple HTML & CSS layout with all images & content in one directory which they host and then add:
            "<!--E-PAGE TABLE HERE-->"
            where you want the payment bit to be.

Ours looks something like this (though we are still fiddling):

We are also considering the Actinic Payments option as it seems to have more flexibility for alerting you to possible fraudulent transactions and customer cockups.

At the moment it looks like Realex will pass a transaction through if the customer gives their 3D bit OK and not pass it if they don't (which is fine), but they don't make it obvious if there are any issues with the transaction.

For example if a customer enters the wrong post code, but does their 3D secure OK, then all comes through fine and there is just a small "N" to indicate a problem. The old HSBC ePayments used to place these into "Fraud Review" making them easy to identify and so check.

We also "Pre-Authorise" all our transactions as this makes reconciling the orders we actually ship against the bank deposits easier and quicker.

With HSBC ePayments you could tick the transactions you shipped and then press a single button to take the money.

With RealEx you have to click each transaction twice, once to say give us the cash, this takes you to a second page (takes a few seconds) where you can add some notes and click to say yes we really do want the cash. If you're doing just a few orders this is fine, but if you have 20, 30, 50 to do, this will be a pain.

On the positive side it seems much quicker and cleaner than the old HSBC ePayment system (in test mode anyway).
            David
            Tantronics Limited
            www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for showing me that tantronics.

So it can blend in nicely with the design of your site... good.

Is the text with the red background ;

'tantronics secure payment system, powered by global iris and realex payments'

on your template...
              or is that part of the imported E-PAGE TABLE HERE ?
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

It's all in our template, the only bit realex provide is in the white section in the middle.
                David
                Tantronics Limited
                www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

thanks.

we dont pre-authorise, so we wont have the issue you describe.
                  I'm pleased we can place the payment in a customised page, so it looks like part of the website.. thats a nice touch. Even with customisation the actinic payments page still looks like a different site. I didnt mind this with the HSBC Secure Epayments, because the HSBC URL and branding gave confidence. I just worry a little that the actinic brand on their payment page isnt well known enough? I'm sure the integration is good though!
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Hi Mark,

I agree about the branding, we originally chose the ePayment system because of the HSBC confidence boosting branding, but that's all gone now as it's just branded "Global Iris".

So I guess our choice is Global Iris/RealEx branded as our own site, or the less well known Actinic (Sellerdeck) Payments.

I haven't looked yet, but do you know what sort of template/customisation possibilities there are with Actinic Payments.
                    David
                    Tantronics Limited
                    www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

Thats exactly why we chose Secure Epayments as well.

However we have now built up a good customer base and feel confident about using our own 'brand' on the payment page, so its good that Global Iris allow full customisation.

THe actinic payments gateway can be customised, with css, and some images, making the colours match your site, but as far as I'm aware you can completely customise it, and therefore customers will notice that they are on a new page. This is where the 'actinic payments' brand awareness is a slight issue for me. Though I know others have no problems making sales through it.
                      this page shows how to customise the actinic payment page.
                      http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...t=44689http://
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Anyone here willing for ££s to do a Realex template for me?
                        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi Jules, (I'm not offering to do your template) just saying that its not as bad as all that to make one. I just did one for my shop. I went online to the front page of my site and in my browser clicked 'save page as.. webpage complete..' Everything was then saved into a folder including the css. It was then just a matter of stripping out the javascript that I had and other superflous code. I used dreamweaver for easiness.It wasnt too bad in the end and I was just told by realex that the template I sent was fine. So if you dont get an offer to do it for you, I'd consider having a go yourself.

By the way, the integration is going to look really good, because the template is an exact copy of my page.. so it will look like the payment is being done on my site.
                          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                            So if you dont get an offer to do it for you, I'd consider having a go yourself.
                            Thank you for the helpful advice. Will try that
                            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

You might get away with just doing a screen grab of your homepage and then removing (photoshopping) the navigation out and then using that image as a header for the payments page.

Comment

Re what Duncan says..
                                I dont know about you Jules, but my site links are hardcoded inmy navbar anyway.. so I left them in the template.. ( the links include the full URL btw) that way it looks and functions just like any other page on my website.
                                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                                X