Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC Secure Epayments to Global Iris (Realex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guccij View Post
    Ours has been like that since the switchover. On the one hand Realex approves everything so long as the 3 digit code is correct. On the other, no more stuff being held in Fraud Review for the customer's crime of daring to live in a flat ...
    yep same for me.
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
      ok thanks.
      In fact Realex doesnt have a 'fraud review' so I imagine if it was working correctly lots of my orders would fail.
      I don't think it would fail, I've been told the orders would still go through approved (provided the customer uses their 3d secure bit), but it just flags the fact they don't match.

Like you we see a number of customers getting it wrong, often delivering to a works address but with their home post code or vice versa, so it just gives us the opportunity to check.
      David
      Tantronics Limited
      Batteries - Chargers - Portable Power - Photo Accessories
      www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

ah ok thanks for explaining that.
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I prefer no fraud review. HSBC EPayments algorithms simply couldn't cope with a lot of standard UK addresses. It was a PITA.
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

true.. its better without fraud review
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I'm quite surprised that the Realex integration that has shipped with actinic for years and years doesnt actually pass the address on to the psp.

Hasnt anyone noticed this in the past?
              Doesnt actinic check the integrations it ships with its product to check they work properly?
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                Hasnt anyone noticed this in the past?
                I agree, it seems bonkers to me that anyone would use a payment process that doesn't check the address and post code.

I guess with 3D secure it's a bit less of a security issue now, (though we wouldn't use a system that doesn't have it) but it's at the very least a sanity check that the customer hasn't done something daft.

Anyway, we may have a fix for the "OCCRealexScriptTemplate.pl" file that does pass the data through properly - just testing at the moment so watch this space......
                David
                Tantronics Limited
                www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

Hello Mark

The integration for Realex was written by them and we tested it our end to make sure Actinic / SellerDeck and Realex communicated with each other OK and securely so.
                  That said, Realex are at present in discussion with us re the possibility of a new and/or upgraded integration to include the features that are lacking at the moment.
                  It would also be a good idea to inquire with Realex re their intention to improve their integration with SellerDeck, so this requirement will be on their radar as well .
                  Hope this helps.

Regards
                  Krithika Chandrasekar
                  SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hello
                    I've been reading this topic with interest as we're about to change the payment method to Realex, but the last few posts have concerned me.

Can I just check I've read it right, that Actinic (I'm using V10) does not send the customers address to the payment processor so it is not checked?

I'm really hoping I've missed something here and that it does send the address

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by Krithika View Post
                      Hello Mark

The integration for Realex was written by them and we tested it our end to make sure Actinic / SellerDeck and Realex communicated with each other OK and securely so.
                      That said, Realex are at present in discussion with us re the possibility of a new and/or upgraded integration to include the features that are lacking at the moment.
                      It would also be a good idea to inquire with Realex re their intention to improve their integration with SellerDeck, so this requirement will be on their radar as well .
                      Hope this helps.

Regards
                      Thanks Krithika, Hopefully Realex will sort out an upgrade then. I am hassling them about this issue and the fact that Realex cannot accept Amex. They are promising it will be looked into. I will report back if I hear anymore.
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by Dex View Post
                        Hello
                        I've been reading this topic with interest as we're about to change the payment method to Realex, but the last few posts have concerned me.

Can I just check I've read it right, that Actinic (I'm using V10) does not send the customers address to the payment processor so it is not checked?

I'm really hoping I've missed something here and that it does send the address

Best regards
                        Hi, Well it is true that the Realex/Actini integration does not pass any address details to Realex. For some people, especially those selling high value items, I expect this is a very big issue. For myself, (we sell lot's of small value items,) its not such a big deal.

However, obviously the AVS check should be carried out, so that when you look at a transaction on the RealControl page you can quickly see if the address ( well;...house number and postcode) matches that which is registered against the card. This is an 'optional' check. It should obviously be working though.
                        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Hi, Well it is true that the Realex/Actini integration does not pass any address details to Realex. For some people, especially those selling high value items, I expect this is a very big issue. For myself, (we sell lot's of small value items,) its not such a big deal.

However, obviously the AVS check should be carried out, so that when you look at a transaction on the RealControl page you can quickly see if the address ( well;...house number and postcode) matches that which is registered against the card.
                          Hello.
                          Thank you for your reply. I'm unsure how Realex performs the AVS check if Actinic does not send the address. Does the customer type their address in Realex as well?

I understand that HSBC would hold it in Fraud review, and that Realex doesn't have this, but as long as the address is checked and the result shown to me, that's OK as it gives me the chance to evaluate it, but if Realex never gets the address to check, I need to find another way soon

Comment

Sorry maybe I wasnt clear..

Realex does not perform the AVS check because Actinic doesnt pass the address over.

The customer does not type the address in to Realex at all, the option isnt there.

If you are moving over from secure epayments to realex, then I'd let your support person know. You never know, they might sort it out really quick. otherwise you need another option.
                            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Thank you.
                              I'll call Realex on Monday to see if they can help (the address fields are in the Actinic script, so hoping it's a bug they can advise on a fix for), otherwise at least its saved me the time spent setting up this with Actinic.

Comment

It looks like we have a working fix for the AVS issue.

This involves editing the "OCCRealexScriptTemplate.pl" file located in your "...\Site1\CommonOCC" folder to enable it to correctly pass the address and post code numerics to RealEx. So the usual disclaimers apply:

Don't do it if you're not comfortable editing this file, we take no liability if it cocks something up, make sure you backup your original files etc......

Here goes:

Open ...\Site1\CommonOCC\OCCRealexScriptTemplate.pl in a text editor

Find the following lines:

#
                                # order details
                                #
                                Now add this immediately before it:

#
                                # create billing code for AVS check
                                #

my $temp01 = $::InvoiceContact{ADDRESS1} ;
                                my $temp02 = substr($::InvoiceContact{POSTALCODE}, 0, 10) ;

$temp01 =~ tr/^0-9//cd ;
                                $temp02 =~ tr/^0-9//cd ;

my $billing_code = $temp02."|".$temp01 ;
                                Next find the following line:

AddPostValues ('&', 'SEQUENCE', $sSequence, $ALWAYS, $NOENCODE);
                                add this line directly after it:

AddPostValues ('&', 'BILLING_CODE', $billing_code, $ALWAYS, $NOENCODE);
                                We have had this running since last night and been receiving orders OK with the appropriate AVS flags coming through as expected.

Hope this helps others, but please make sure you take backups and test it thoroughly in your systems just to be sure it's OK for you.
                                David
                                Tantronics Limited
                                www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X