Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Table 'tempOrphanDuplicateQuery' already exists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

When I open Actinic V10, I get this message.....any suggestions as what to do and what might have casued this ? I click OK and it carries on as normal.....

Many thanks
    Baby Bedding, Nursery Bedding & Baby Stuff for your little ones...

If you have MS Access then backup then try a repair and compact. If not at least try compacting the database.

Comment

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the speedy response.

I opened up ActinicCatalog.mdb and did the compact and repair option, have also done the same from within Actinic as well......it still does it, really weird. Everything seems fine operationally and it works, it's just the error message looks worrying.

Comment

If you search the forums for "tempOrphanDuplicateQuery", you'll find about 10 posts relating to this, though I didn't read any in detail.

Perhaps the program automatically looks for orphan records at startup (e.g. Order line item records without any parent Order record), and normally deletes the temp table created by the query on completion of the process, but this didn't happen in your case last time the program ran, so on the next startup the code couldn't handle the situation where the temp table already exists.

Of course, the query name doesn't indicate which records the code wishes to query for orphans -- not necessarily Order related -- perhaps if you open that temp table in Access the record fields will offer a clue.

If I had a backup, I would be tempted to delete the temp table and startup the program again. However, if the table contains some records, indicating that orphan records exist, that still leaves a problem to be resolved.

Comment

Apologies its been a while to come back, but though I provide an update in case anyone else has this issue again.

The long and short of this was that I had to re install Actinic from scratch and then re import the last snapshot......backing up is one of those things that people don't always give it the Operational priority, that is until something like this happens and you wish it was.

We back up everyday (each evening) so the impact was minimal in the end, but sooooooo glad we do, otherwise we would have had to restore back to last back up and it could been weeks / months ago and then had to rebuild from there.

Moral of the story: 'Back, Backup, Backup' - You never know when you are going to need it !

Comment

Working...
          X