Heads up - some PayPal callbacks failing today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Sellerdeck - what can we do to resolve this?
    They do actually know about it - I included the issue in a support request for something else just after 11 this morning.

It would be nice to have a response from on high.

Please.

Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

It may be worthwhile checking with your hosting company that callbacks out to PayPal are working.
      https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/?c...olivechecklist

They switched to a dynamic range some time ago and we have seen this problem occur whenever they change the IP.

We have had all sorts of fun keeping track of these IP's and ensuring that they are added to the outgoing firewalls on our servers.

It may not be the cause here, however this firewall issue has given us similar problems/symptoms in the past and therefore worth a check.
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

All our paypal orders went in to psp pending tab. I phoned Paypal and they said that they did some changes overnight and they are aware of the problem and working on it! Could not tell me though how long it takes them to resolve the issue

Comment

It would be helpful if Sellerdeck could tell us what communication they have had with PayPal.

Currently I have two out of three PSPs with less than ideal Sellerdeck integrations (the other one is Realex).
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

update from me.

I said earlier all my paypal orders were completing properly and going into pending.

I clarify... all my Paypal Express Checkout orders are completing.

However I just noticed a Paypal Website Payments Standard order has completed but the order is remaining in psp pending ! This was working fine until today.

I am now in the horrible situation where BOTH my psp's are now unreliable.. Realex is also 'intermittantly' failing on the callback, I cant really believe that in this day and age we cant get a reliable system to tell us that our orders have been paid for ! what the hell is going on?
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Me too Jules. I'm going spare here. I now have to check and match every order with a payment in Sellerdeck and on Paypal and on Realex. Absolutely Ridiculous.

http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...&page=6http://
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Hopefully Paypal will fix it quickly
                I believe it's not SellerDeck's fault. As it is now IPNs are not going out at all. In my Paypal account -> History -> IPN history there is no record of any IPNs sent out today. I've been told by Paypal they will be re-sent once the bug is fixed. Too late for us though as for now we have to check every Paypal order manually...

Comment

Update: as of 20:30 callbacks are working. Whatever PayPal did, they've undid.

--Edit--

And as of 21:25, the callbacks have failed again

Comment

Hi all,

SellerDeck are aware of this issue and our developers are looking into this.

At this stage, we are not sure why this is happening, but we will report back shortly.

Thanks

Paul
                    Paul Murphy
                    Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

It's working for us today. Paypal seems to be sending IPNs ok

Comment

I see from this thread and the support ticket that different versions of SellerDeck are affected. I also see a reference to 1and1. Unless everybody reporting the problem is on 1and1 then it isn't a single ISP and it isn't a single version of SellerDeck.

Knowing that PayPal are about to switch servers to a new data centre that will only support HTTP/1.1 I guess the problem is related to their preparations for this change. We are contacting PayPal to try to get information as to what is happening.

With regards to the impending change to HTTP/1.1 see http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?p=337206

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
                        SellerDeck.

Comment

I've had a bunch from 9.00am > 2.00pm on Monday, no problems before or since.

I'm on V10 & haven't changed any settings recently...........
                          Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Had a number of PayPal payments today and all seems to be working okay.

I have had one other problem that might be related though... One customer paid 3 times for the same order yesterday, I contacted them and they confirmed they only wanted the one order but that they had some problems when paying via PayPal. I refunded 2 of the payments via PayPal and completed their order yesterday. I noticed this morning that PayPal reversed the 3rd payment today which meant all of the payments have now been refunded/reversed (PayPal did not contact me to notify me that they had reversed this payment). It might just be a coinidence that the 2 problems occured yesterday but it's probably worth keeping an eye on your PayPal accounts over the next few days!
                            Garry

www.4AllCards.com

Comment

Article about PayPal's woes on The Register today.
                              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Just done the HTTP/1.1 update, fingers crossed......

Had a few orders over the last few days as per other posters going into pending, hoping this will be the end of it.
                                Baby Bedding, Nursery Bedding & Baby Stuff for your little ones...

Comment

Working...
                                X