No announcement yet.

BUGS Being Experienced with Windows 7 64-Bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The same setting switched off is also accounting for a database compact now working every time it would appear.

The blank window and the red cross on closing, prevails on every close down now though.

Comment

The blank window and the red cross on closing, prevails on every close down now though.
      Hi Lee, (my old nme ), mine does the same, and writes a dmp file to the actinic directory every time I close as well.

Is yours writing a dmp file on closing as well? I've sent my dmp file to support but heard nothing back yet..
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

It could still be Kaspersky causing the problem as they do quite a lot of monitoring on applications.

The best thing would be to set Actinic as a trusted application and then you can define which rules Kaspersky will apply 9OR NOT):

Rules for trusted application:

•Do not scan opened files
        •Do not monitor application activity
        •Do not monitor child application activity
        •Do not scan network traffic
        http://support.kasperskyamericas.com...e-article/2404

From Actinics point of view, they should be looking at what they need to do to register Actinic as a trusted application with Kaspersky. It should be if digitally signed but I have no idea what this involves.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

The error beep and error box on closing actinic has nothing to do with kaspersky as I dont have that installed.
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

The second one in your list of 4 Mike is the one i switched off.

Comment

I tested V10 during Beta testing in Business mode together with EPOS on a Dell 690 Dual Quad Core machine, 12Gb ram and Win x64 Professional (installed from a retail copy not manufacturers disc), and Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. Machine also had V8 and V9 developer editions installed.

I used the default silver theme with default products and ran numerous, uploads and modifications and the active stock link to Epos with non of the problems reported here. Actinic runs in administrator mode and I get the security question on starting.

I also ran it on a Dell quad core laptop with 8Gb ram and Windows x64 Ultimate again without any of the problems.

I am still using the machines now with V10.0.1 and still have non of these problems so if it is Actinic and Windows7 and Kaspersky, it is not just these but there are other factors involved.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
              SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
              Custom Packages

Comment

From Actinics point of view, they should be looking at what they need to do to register Actinic as a trusted application with Kaspersky. It should be if digitally signed but I have no idea what this involves.
                Actinic is already digitally signed, so I don't think it's a simple as that. If Kaspersky are anything like Microsoft it probably involves parting with a significant chunk of cash, but I don't think it's something we have looked into.
                Bruce Townsend
                Ecommerce Product Manager
                Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

The second one in your list of 4 Mike is the one i switched off.
                  Yes, I saw this. The thing is that switching off a function entirely, such as "Do not scan network traffic" means that function is no longer protecting your PC.

If Actinic runs as a trusted application then you're telling Kaspersky not to mess with Actinic but to still monitor other applications . i.e. your PC will still be protected but Kaspersky will no longer monitor Actinic's and associated programs (such as the flat file convertor Feemish mentions) activity , scan the files Actinic opens or scan the network traffic it generates.

Turning off the network scanning sorts out the upload problem for you and this implies that a) Kaspersky is at least part of the problem and b) that Actinic isn't running as a trusted application (if it was kaspersky should be leaving it alone).

I'm not saying Kaspersky (and other AVs) are going to be the only problem here, only that it seems to be a part of it and that the problem with it needs to be identified and fixed so that any other problems can be isolated.

And the problem may not be with Kaspersky itself, but could the way Actinic is set up or may be functioning, or could be the way Windows 7 differs from Vista or a combination of all three. Kaspersky uses it's own rules based on an applications access rights and priviliges to decide what activity should and shouldn't be allowed. There could There could easily be something in V10 that combined with Windows 7 looks suspicious to Kaspersky.

Mike

Comment

I'm having problems with v102 beta 2 when I use on my W7 64bit core i5 laptop.
                    • It has the empty error window on closing
                    • Won't upload unless eset has actinic folder (in my docs) added to exclusions (I'm using smart security 4)

Otherwise... works well and lightening quick :-D

Comment

I don't have V10 installed, but maybe someone could check.

In kaspersky 2010:

- Click 'My Protection > Systems & Applications'
                      - Click 'Firewall'
                      - Click 'Settings'

Under 'Filtering Rules' you should see a list of Applications with their trusted state against them in brackets.

- V6 says (Low restricted)
                      - V9 says (Trusted)

I wonder what V10 says?

Mike

Comment

(Trusted)

Comment

Which fits with Actinic being digitally signed.

Just to confirm there isn't anything weird going on. Is this on the Windows 7 system?

It rather sounds as if Actinic on Windows 7 is doing something the firewalls don't like. I wonder if it's a UAC difference in the setups for W7 and Vista,XP?

Mike

Comment

Installing as "Run as administrator"

Hello Community.

I found I had a differing issue following a fresh install of the V10.0.1 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

With Windows 7 as with Vista I turned off UAC (User Access Control) as a much needed hair saving (Less the pulling out) step.

I then installed direct from disk. The installation appeared to complete without issue. However noticed that when I double clicked a page item / layout hyperlink it didn't display the associated code within the design code payne. I followed up by repairing and reinstalling via the disk and also a fresh download from the Actinic site, sadly with the effect being the same and the issue remaining, and continued to pull out hair!!

Finally I installed by running "as administrator" (Although already logged in as an administrative authorized account) [Right click .exe -> Run as administrator] and the problem appears no longer!!

I don't know if this is helpful in the slightest??

A slightly bald RakeOne, kicking himself that he should have known best than to trust Microsoft to actually make life easier and better with their latest release!!

Comment

Originally posted by bentleybloke View Post
                              I'm having problems with v102 beta 2 when I use on my W7 64bit core i5 laptop.
                              • It has the empty error window on closing
                              • Won't upload unless eset has actinic folder (in my docs) added to exclusions (I'm using smart security 4)

Otherwise... works well and lightening quick :-D
                              ESET has given me problems in the past as i have mentioned here earlier, the only way around is the manual adding to you AV / Security program as you have done.

This should apply to all really but then not all work the same way so its going to be a suck it and see.

The red cross onclosing is something else IMHO these is more to do with the DB

Comment

Is actinic not worried about us all having this error on closing actinic?

Comment

Working...
                                X