Printing Variable list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing Variable list

At present we have a fair number of products and quite hard to go through each one to make the product information up to date by scrolling down the product info

My question is there someway i can print out a csv file of product id and all the variables shown in the enclosed jpg so i can adjust them in excel and re import when corrected
    Attached Files
    Chris Ashdown

I think the standard catalog export should show all the details you require. You should then be able to trim and remove lots of the info including the product columns to leave the prod ref, short description and the variables. The variables are usually at the end of the columns.

Someone else may know how to do this directly with Excel/Access using an update query, that would simplify things.

Comment

In Sellerdeck 2016 onwards you can generate an export using a layout - see http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=56575

I'm not certain if all those variables can be included in a layout, though. You would need to check the Variable Reference Guide (via the Help menu).
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

All i really want to do is produce a product list in excel of all the products plus their variables

I dont seem to be able to find anything with them all on so i can delete the unwanted stuff, anyone have any suggestions
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

I've been using the export/import to csv in Sellerdeck to input/update 1000s of custom variables (for filters etc)

## My custom variables all have "Place of Setting" = "Product" is ticked
          (In Design Library>Variables>*name of variable*>Basic Definition>Place of Setting>Product=ticked)

After exporting the catalog to csv, (Text - comma delimited, ansi, export explicit=yes)
          I open it up in excel,

On Column A, I keep the following rows:
          Version
          Header:Product
          Product

All other rows, I delete.
          Also any products that don't need to be updated, I delete those rows.

My custom variables appear ~column CQ onwards

I normally keep column B : "Product Reference", and delete any other columns I don't need to edit

I save to Excel and edit etc

When ready to upload, I save to csv and import in Sellerdeck as "Hierarchical Import" > "Update"
          - Importing by "Flat File" doesn't seem to have custom variables available to map

I'm working on tests at the moment, and above has so far worked for me.

Comment

I just saw your other post - describing almost the same... lol

Comment

Working...
            X