My SellerDeck Account | Newsletter | Free Trial

Community and Knowledge Base

  #16  
Old 09-Nov-2017, 01:52 PM
NormanRouxel's Avatar
NormanRouxel NormanRouxel is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2002
Full Name: Norman Rouxel
Posts: 10,752
Thanks: 9
Thanked 734 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
none of them showed the missing products or sections in the feed
The purpose of my diagnostic code wasn't to repair the missing stuff.

You were meant to look in the generated feed for (Missing Section Name) and report if you see it or not.

Quote:
Norman how do I generate the feed to see that??
Upload and It's online at http://www.sumpsandpumpsdirect.co.uk...e-products.xml - use the browsers View Source command to see the raw data.
__________________
Norman - www.drillpine.biz
Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-Nov-2017, 01:54 PM
mythandmagic mythandmagic is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2006
Full Name: Kez
Posts: 312
Thanks: 9
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
No Norman, I didn't see it.

Jan, I've download that, how do I run the site through it, lots of options there.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-Nov-2017, 02:04 PM
mythandmagic mythandmagic is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2006
Full Name: Kez
Posts: 312
Thanks: 9
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
ahhh your mash sees them products if I click on view output.

if I click on show errors it only show a couple of products (that im not bothered about) with this..
Product added but 'description' truncated, max allowed size is 1000

So your mash is adding the missing products fine
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-Nov-2017, 02:09 PM
NormanRouxel's Avatar
NormanRouxel NormanRouxel is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2002
Full Name: Norman Rouxel
Posts: 10,752
Thanks: 9
Thanked 734 Times in 617 Posts
If you did this:- Just after <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList"> add the following
Code:
(<actinic:variable name="SectionName" />)
Now create the feed and look at the generated text and see if your missing section names appear in brackets.

And report that you don't see the missing Section Names in the Source Code of the feed, then that would imply that the SellerDeck database is at fault.

To double-check that here's a tiny bit of code that you can temporarily put into a Fragment or Product description. Then preview that product and see if the troublesome Section name is showing.
Code:
!!<<actinic:block type="EntireSectionList"><actinic:variable name="SectionName" /><br></actinic:block>>!!
__________________
Norman - www.drillpine.biz
Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-Nov-2017, 02:17 PM
mythandmagic mythandmagic is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2006
Full Name: Kez
Posts: 312
Thanks: 9
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
You are not going to believe this........

It was due to an apostrophe!!!!

My feed uses meta description in place of description. and in the meta description on one product the apostrophe in it's word was throwing the whole thing out.

I've removed this and now the feed is seeing all the products, but how weird that is was something that silly.

I want to thank you all for your help and time on this, but sellerdeck themselves came through and got this sorted.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.