products missing in product feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

products missing in product feed

Just checking my site and can see a whole section of products missing out my google shopping (all similar products)

The exclude from feed is un-ticked and they are in a separate product category in content categories. (I have about 12 separate categories)

All the other products are uploading and showing fine, but just this section and I can not work out why.

Any thoughts?
    Reverse Osmosis Water Filters

The first thing I'd do is check that 'Exclude From Google Product Search Data Feed' isn't ticked at the section level.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Yeah done that, all unticked.

both top level, 2nd level and product level

Comment

I'm sure I saw an old thread recently that said if there were products missing from the site map to make sure the 'Include in sitemap' box was ticked for the section.

I can't find it now but you might want to check this is ticked at all levels as well.

Mike

Comment

yes its included in sitemap on all levels.

any other ideas people?

Comment

I guess when things are happening that don't make sense then a compact and repair of the database is always a good idea.

Mike

Comment

ok this is making no sense at all.
              I cant see anything ticked to prevent it from being included, compacted and repaired DB. I'm now at a loss to see what is up with it.

I bet I've done something really obvious in sellerdeck, but cant for the life of me work out what!.

Got to be something preventing it from going into the google products feed. but there's nothing I can see wrong.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Are your products in stock?

If you're using SD's stock system, theres a block statement in the XML that pertains to whether a product is in our out of stock.

If out of stock, it will suppress output of that SKU.

If you have made layout adjustments to the XML feed, ensure there are no conflicting conditions in your block statements.

Ensure your products are visible on site, included in sitemap & shopping feed (you've done this) - then look at the above.

Aside of that, a clean copy of the XML feed could be grabbed from a fresh SD install, pasted over yours (assuming there are no modifications to the layout that need to be synced) then try that?
                Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Hi Kez,

What is your pricing schedule like, if any have a zero price on the product itself that might be causing them to not be listed.

Kind regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi, and thanks for all your answers so far..

They are in stock and have the price online..

I have modified the google xml slightly

I have removed all the shipping elements (shipping and shipping by weight etc) as this is added directly into google mercent centre shipping options

I also use google promotions and added the following
                    <actinic:block if="PROMOTION%5fID%20%21%3d%20%22%22"><gromotion_id><actinic:variable name="PROMOTION_ID" /></gromotion_id></actinic:block>

Thing is - this works with all of the other products all using the same feed. merchant feed is fine and using the feed as it should even with the promotion element added.

For some reason, some entire sections are not being added. not just specific products, but the whole section. Just does not make sense.

Just to make sure, I reverted the xml back to original design but these sections still didn't load into it.

Its like something is preventing just these sections

Comment

Assuming this is the layout Google Product Feed Layout, you can add some diagnostic code to see what's happening. Line 7 should be:
                      Code:
                      		<actinic:block type="EntireSectionList"><actinic:block type="SectionEntireProductList" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSectionExcludedFromGoogleExport%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200" >
                      Just after <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList"> add the following
                      Code:
                      (<actinic:variable name="SectionName" />)
                      Now create the feed and look at the generated text and see if your missing section names appear in brackets.
                      If they do, then the EntireSectionList loop is working correctly so we can move on.
                      Now move the (<actinic:variable name="SectionName" />) to the end of that line and generate the feed again.
                      This will show if the BlockIf within the SectionEntireProductList loop is working or not.
                      If that's OK move the (<actinic:variable name="SectionName" />) to just before the <item> bit on the next line. This will show if the preceding BlockIf is the culprit or not.

Post results and then we can diagnose further.
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Or try creating another section and moving all the products from the missing one into that.

If they then appear you can just delete the bad section and rename the new one.

Comment

Thanks....

"Now create the feed and look at the generated text and see if your missing section names appear in brackets."

Norman how do I generate the feed to see that??

Other things I have tried..

Making a new section did not work.

BUT. I dragged one of the problem products into another category and hey presto I can see it in the feed..

or whatever this is generating in chrome??
                          http://www.sumpsandpumpsdirect.co.uk...e-products.xml

Comment

(Norman, im pretty sure I done that right)

put that code in each of the places you said.

none of them showed the missing products or sections in the feed.

Comment

Another way to check is to run the site through my Mole End google shopping feed, it creates a log of excluded sections and products with a reason why they were excluded. This might give you an idea of why they are not being added to the feed.

There is a free trial and so it won't cost you anything to do this. You can download it here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Froogle_Mash.html
                              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                              Multichannel order processing
                              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                              X