testing multiple sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

testing multiple sites

I would appear i cant test or license multiple sites with this beta are there any temporary keys that allow me to test different sites without having to over write sites with a different snapshot?

ps can i also say i prefer the blue in the start plash screen to the horrible bright lilac here, i see still no move of different forum themes

how can we test multi user
    wes
    Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
      I would appear i cant test or license multiple sites with this beta are there any temporary keys that allow me to test different sites without having to over write sites with a different snapshot?
      Beta's have never had the ability to test multiple sites. does the snapshot feature work? or can you zip up site1 and restore as applicable.

TBH though I've never really seen a need to save beta stuff - but then i only ever go at a beta with a view to breaking it, thus would never want to save it

Comment

cant use snapshots as it say you can only import it into a licensed copy

Im sure in previous betas i could use multi site, mind you im sure i had a license key aswell - maybe im going back a long way here

Comment

Why would they let you have a key to multi user you would only find out more bugs before official launch and what fun is that?
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Multi SITE, multi USER = 2 different animals.

to beta test multi site, you need multi pcs, ie one site per pc.

Multi user - yet to be put out to beta test in the wild.

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
              Why would they let you have a key to multi user you would only find out more bugs before official launch and what fun is that?
              but Chris i have different sites using different hacks and mods so thought it would be better to have the ability to test multiple sites under V10beta

As i cant use a snapshot from the beta on an unlicensed copy i cant really test different stes, i do have plenty of pc's here i could install on but its not pratical in reality

Comment

Can't you just copy over the v9 site1 folder including the mdb and then run v10 and let the upgrader run.

Comment

Thanks Duncan

All has been resolved now http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=46540

Comment

Working...
                  X