So... how was it for you darling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... how was it for you darling?

well, not quite... v10 in general I mean?

Best bits?

Any hidden wee improvements that speed up your day?

Uploading the same or better?

Do snapshots work?

Do tell!
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

I'm quite liking the new features (when i can get them all working! ), but the general feel of 10 is good, but I've only had a quick glance and sure once i'm fully working in it i will be able to spot some holes.

Speed seems a little faster than v9.0.5 with the speed up tool used and knocked around 3 minutes off a snapshot time. So a definite improvement in my eyes.

Cheers FrAz
    Cheers FrAz

Comment

I haven't managed to do much beta testing as both my test sites are borked by page 1 of the checkout ...
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

What it the speed up tool Classix?
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I've tried a few of my add-ons (some simple and a couple of really complex ones) with V10. They were fine and I don't see any problems in getting them all to work. Which is good.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The speed-up tool is a .vbs file which you direct for your site1 folder and you then set an optimised number. I think by default it's set to 1500, but i knocked mine down to about 150 which really improved Actinic's responce time within the program. Apprantly it makes uploading slower, but i've noticed no different. I'm sure there's something in the AUG about it.

Do we have a date for when v10.0.0 is going to be released?
            Cheers FrAz

Comment

Originally posted by Classix View Post
              Do we have a date for when v10.0.0 is going to be released?
              No, as it's dependent on feedback from the beta. However, we are getting close.

Chris

Comment

Fraz,
                Do you mean this utility I wrote based on Actinic's suggestions? Or is there another one that I'm not aware of?
                Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

V10

I ran a complete design through with no real problems, works like V9 as far as adding plugins, javascripts etc they all work the same. Even Gabes Freebie Navigation works with just a modification to point to the correct database.

On Win7 I did have some problems over the install affecting V9 sites but it doesn't seem to be repeatable.

Live stock control works out of the box but could do with extra features, the link to EPOS works OK though I did have a problem again that does not appear to be repeatable. It is possible that the problem may well be related to using the EPos link that comes with 3.1, which is a V9 link, and then changing it to the V10 link software.

Overall V10 has a good feel.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                  SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                  Custom Packages

Comment

Yes fergusw that is the speed-up tweak for Actinic v9 it's been quite effective in improving our performance since upgrading. Hope it works for you.
                    Cheers FrAz

Comment

Working...
                    X