Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There was a problem with the database (Beta - Enterprise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a problem with the database (Beta - Enterprise)

Testing out stuff in v10 Beta Enterprise, RTS layout and JS adjustments and placing test orders and have now hit an issue where the application will no longer load.

Details:

1. Application is not running.

2. Test orders were placed on the test site.

3. Ran Enterprise and it got to Site choice and selected the SQL operated site.

4. When the application loaded, it started order sync right away, which at the same time the Beta Expiration message appeared (where you normally click to acknowledge).

5. Then it all breaks with the following messages:

There was a problem with the database
    Operation: Opening the [SetupInfo] table where nID IN (102)
    Connection is busy with results for another hstmt
    Action: Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate

then...

Operation: Adding a new record to the [SetupInfo] table where nID IN (102)
    Recordset is read-only

Get those 2 repeated half a dozen or so times, then...

Operation: Opening the SELECT [Checkout Prompt].[nID],[Checkout Prompt].[nPhase],[Checkout Prompt].[nStatus],[Checkout Prompt].[sLanguage],[Checkout Prompt].[nTabGroup],[Checkout Prompt].[nTabSubGroup],[Checkout Prompt].[nUIMask],[Checkout Prompt].[nDefaultStatus],[Checkout Prompt].[sPromptDescription],[Checkout Prompt].[dSequence],[Checkout Prompt].[nUploadStatus],[Checkout Prompt].[sPrompt],[Checkout Prompt].[sDefault], [Checkout Prompt].[sName], [Checkout Prompt].[sDescription], [Variable].[sName],[Variable].[sDescription], [Variable].[sPrompt] FROM [Checkout Prompt] LEFT OUTER JOIN [Variable] ON ([Checkout Prompt].[nID] = [Variable].[nValueID] AND [Checkout Prompt].[nPhase] = [Variable].[nValueSubID] AND [Variable].[nValueSubSubID] = 0 AND [Variable].[nValueDB] = 0) table where [Variable].[nValueProvider] = 18

Connection is busy with results for another hstmt

and finally it crashes out.

Checking the Db's in SQL Server Studio shows nothing of any note occuring with the Db's, i.e. they are not in recovery or anything else like that.

It would appear that the automatic action of sync'ing orders and displaying the beta message has caused something to get caught in read only mode.

Anyone come across this before (amongst beta testers or amongst Actinic) and an idea on how to solve it so that ive not just lost 4 weeks of tweaking and layout creation...

Update: Launching Actinic and selecting my SQL site ended with the same crash each time. But, launching with a default site (which I still had listed in sites) and then switching to the SQL site, solved the launch issue.

The machine took about 10 minutes to switch from the default site to the SQL site, which I assume it was doing something to repair or set correct permissions on the Db's that had been stuck in read only mode (as it reported - strange) as the hard drives were going crazy with activity, but at least it came to life.

So, working for me now, but just the question which you guys need to look into I guess is, why did this happen? which I think is down to launch time sync of orders just happening at the same time as beta message (possibly), or sync occuring with any alter message coming on the screen at the same time.... so some lock gone wrong LOL..

Comment

OK so you already have, i take that back Sorry
      Last edited by Darren B; 17-Mar-2010, 01:57 PM. Reason: already reported so changed message

Comment

Working...
      X