Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where is Actinic.css in sellerdeck 2013?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is Actinic.css in sellerdeck 2013?

I have looked averywhere, and done a search of the forums, but non tell me where exactly is the actinic.css file kept on my PC? - I am going round in circles now!
    any help gratfully received!
    Thanks in advance
    Tezzflyer

Websparky Electrical Goods

http://www.websparky.co.uk

It's in the Library: Click the Design tab and then the Current Stylesheet button.

You shouldn't be trying to edit the generated file "actinic.css" as it's automatically created from the above.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks, thats answered that one then!
      I had a problem where using chrome on an iMac(intel) that on the checkout page, for some reason the browser appered to be NOT rendering the page using the style sheet.
      however it has miraculously fixed itself - I really should know by now - turn it off and back on again!!! arrgggghhhhh!

thanks again Norman
      Tezzflyer

Websparky Electrical Goods

http://www.websparky.co.uk

Comment

Chrome has a bug that doesn't reload the css files unless its timestamp has changed. To workaround I added a variable which contains the date in ddmmyy format and changed the templates to include the variable:

<link href="actinic.css?ver=<actinic:variable name="CSSdatestamp" />" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

The only problem now is that when the site export finished it reports an error #2 saying that it can't locate the file "actinic.css?ver=ddmmyy"

I haven't tried restoring from it but am concerned, any ideas if this is critical or just a warning ?

Comment

Originally posted by winsbury View Post
          Chrome has a bug that doesn't reload the css files unless its timestamp has changed. To workaround I added a variable which contains the date in ddmmyy format and changed the templates to include the variable:

<link href="actinic.css?ver=<actinic:variable name="CSSdatestamp" />" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

The only problem now is that when the site export finished it reports an error #2 saying that it can't locate the file "actinic.css?ver=ddmmyy"

I haven't tried restoring from it but am concerned, any ideas if this is critical or just a warning ?
          Hi Winsbury, it's not a bug - it's a feature! Caching can be the death of us- as there's no way to force a users browser to recrawl a file, the method that you have mentioned would work well.

The way I've done it in the past is to wrap the actinic.css call within a block php and output a random string of dates and letters after the filename.

I'll try and find some code and post it for you.

EDIT:
          Code:
          <link href="actinic.css?<actinic:block php="true">echo date("d-m-y");</actinic:block>" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
          EDIT 2: If you plan on doing multiple updates to CSS in one day - change the d-m-y to include seconds of a minute as well - Ideally try not to change CSS too many times as you'll end up increasing download time on site, as the browser will now be downloading this many times over.

EDIT 3: - Some Stackoverflow stuff here - lots of different options: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...javascript-etc
          Last edited by MattSMR; 02-Feb-2018, 02:52 PM. Reason: Adding code
          Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Hi MattSMR

I think I found a snag in the suggested 'feature' workarounds:

Once every template is modified to add a version id to the actinic.css link in order to force chrome to recache, actinic itself will delete the old actinic.css from the server but will not upload a fresh version when the site is next refreshed because it no longer sees any references to the original actinic.css file in any of the templates. This is not immediately obvious when testing because persistent css caching on ones local browser utilises the cached version rather than the server version but your new customers will see a site without any css. Not good.

So, to workaround it is important to keep at least one reference to the original actinic.css (in the Home page for example) so that actinic will still automatically create and upload the new actinic.css when you refresh the site.

on Home page:
            Code:
            <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> 
            on all other pages:
            Code:
            There is some inefficiency because the css file gets loaded twice by the browser on the first visit but thereafter it will use the cached version so it's not too bad.

Comment

Working...
            X