No announcement yet.

freebie: popout section aware nav.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i read the documentation, re-read the documentation and read it again, went away and tried to forget that it was bugging me, came back a day later and hovered over the example block statements, took out the code that was for catalog pages only - used this and hey presto - it works.

then pasted in the other blocks and thats ok too. Goodness know what i was doing wrong before

Comment

Glad you got it sort Jo, probably actinic being fickle

Nice use of colours Gabe

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Hah, false dawn....

the dreaded "Parse error, parse error in main on line 1 " has returned.

All i've done is remove the old section nav variable from the layout.

there must be some kind of funny in actinic/php on my pc but for the mo its : jo 0 actinic 1.

Comment

if you get this error in the preview, does it work if you press the single page preview button? or even upload?

reason:
            3: Actinic preview is dire. Turn if off and use your browser. Actinic cannot render this menu properly in its own preview.

Comment

error remains on viewing in FF and upload.

Comment

i'd love to understand why some people can use this and some cant.

it makes no sense.

pinny:
                - plz, what actinic version are you using.
                - actinic.pastebin.com < paste your ENTIRE actinic_main.php plz.
                - pastebin the template you inserted into actinic.

lets see why this isnt working.

Comment

also, are you running vista?

Comment

Ok i reinstalled actinic this morning, and reapplied the php and the block code - at the mo i still get the parse error within actinic preview, but offline FF is fine, i'm doing an upload so i am sure that will be fine.

i'll carry on monitoring

but for info

XP SP2
                    actinic 851HFUA

I've pasted to the paste bin if you need to see it

Comment

further to this it get the parse error when a subsection is highlighted, but not when i have the "Online Catalog" section highlighted.

Comment

Jo,

You could try changing the lines

Code:
                        <actinic:block php="true" >

to this:

Code:
                        <actinic:block php="true" selectable="false" >

Comment

can I just say...that worked for me!
                          Thanks Jonathan, I've been battling with being unable to get this to work since Gabe first shared it!!
                          Tracey

Comment

ok..I spoke to soon!
                            As Jo experienced, I'm getting a parse error on the subsection pages in the offline preview although it is all rendering ok online.

Bit of a pain to design with the stylesheet open in Actinic, applying changes as you go, as you can't see it in the preview behind but, as long as it works online, I'm ok with that!
                            Tracey

Comment

Works for me ie preview within actinic and FF doesn't show parse error.

Site is now live with this menu in place of cgi nav, will check a few SE listings in a few days or so

Comment

how did you get rid of the parse error with the subsections highlighted then, Jo?
                                I've got it working fine online but it's not previewing within Actinic properly other than at the top level.
                                Tracey

Comment

Working...
                                X