Column Disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Column Disappeared

Don't think I have done anything but the right hand column in our site has disappeared.
    www.hddirect.co.uk does anyone have any suggestions as to what has happened? T.I.A.

I reckon there is code missing where the right sidebar is. Where could I find the original code? T.I.A.

Code:
        <div class="bulk-area">
                <div id="left-area">
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MobileLeftColumn%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Before%20Main%20Content%22" >
    						 <div id="left-sidebar">
    							  <actinic:variable value="Regular Left Sidebar" name="SideBar" />
    						 </div>
                    </actinic:block>
                    <div class="content-area<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz3%5fSidebars%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Two%20Sidebars%27" > content-minus-two</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz3%5fSidebars%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27One%20Sidebar%27" > content-minus-one</actinic:block>">
    						<actinic:variable name="B2B_Links" />
                    	<Actinic:Variable Name="INNERLAYOUT"/>
                    	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22RecentlyViewedListIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20True" >
    							<actinic:variable name="RecentProducts" >
    						<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22RecentlyViewedListIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20True%20%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Product%20Page%22%29" >             
    							<actinic:variable name="SaveRecentProducts" >
    						<actinic:variable name="FeefoSiteLogo" />

<br clear="all" />
                    </div>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MobileLeftColumn%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22After%20Main%20Content%22" >
    						 <div id="left-sidebar">
    							  <actinic:variable name="SideBar" value="Regular Left Sidebar" >
    						 </div>

</div>
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz3%5fSidebars%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22One%20Sidebar%22">
    				<div id="right-sidebar">
                	<actinic:variable value="Regular Right Sidebar" name="SideBar" />
                           </div>
                 </div>
    		<div class="footer-area">
    			<Actinic:Variable Name="FooterArea"/>

Comment

Mine looks the same as yours.

Code:
       <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz3%5fSidebars%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22One%20Sidebar%22">
      				<div id="right-sidebar">
                  </div>
      You could try commenting out the blockif to see if that has disabled it.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
        Mine looks the same as yours.

Code:
        				<div id="right-sidebar">
                    </div>
        You could try commenting out the blockif to see if that has disabled it.
        Thanks Mike,
        how do I do that? I really must learn about this stuff.

Comment

Probably the easiest way is just to move the blockif statement so it appears just above the /block.

i.e.
          - select the top blockif line that's before the <div>
          - cut it,
          - then drop down 3 lines and paste it after the </div> (note the / in this one)

That way you haven't really changed anything and it's easily undone.

What this will do is allow the sidebar code to work whatever the condition of the blockif is. It's really just to test what the problem might be.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
            Probably the easiest way is just to move the blockif statement so it appears just above the /block.

i.e.
            - select the top blockif line that's before the <div>
            - cut it,
            - then drop down 3 lines and paste it after the </div> (note the / in this one)

That way you haven't really changed anything and it's easily undone.

What this will do is allow the sidebar code to work whatever the condition of the blockif is. It's really just to test what the problem might be.

Mike
            Thanks Mike,
            still the same unfortunately. :-(

Comment

Then the chances are that a setting has been changed somewhere.

Unfortunately sellerdeck has bits of settings all over the place. The main one's I can think of are in Settings > Site options.

Check in the design wizard tab that you have two sidebars set and that whatever you're expecting to see in the right sidebar is set to show in the right sidebar.

If you can't find the problem then it's probably going to be quicker to get one of the designers on here to do it for you. They can probably find the problem in a few minutes as they know all the places to look.

Mike

Comment

Thanks for trying Mike. :-)

I've noticed there is no </head> in this I assume it must be meant to be there?

Code:
                <html>
                <head>
                <title><actinic:variable name="PageTitle" ></title>
                <actinic:variable name="MetaTags" />
                <actinic:variable name="BaseHref" />
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsP3PPolicyUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
                  <link rel="P3Pv1" href="<actinic:variable name="P3PFullPolicyLink" />">
                <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
                <actinic:variable name="FaviconLayout" />
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ResponsiveEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22True%22">
                	<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=0"/>
                <actinic:variable name="JavaScriptFunctions" />
                <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsDPDEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20true%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Checkout%20Page%201%22%29" >
                <actinic:variable name="LoadingDialog" />	
                <actinic:variable name="SocialMediaFunctions" />
                <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPaypalProEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20true%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPayPalInContextCheckoutUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20true%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Checkout%20Page%200%22%20OR%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Checkout%20Page%201%22%20OR%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Checkout%20Page%202%22%20OR%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Receipt%22%20OR%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Shopping%20Cart%22%29" >
                <script>
                (function(d, s, id){
                	var js, ref = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
                	if (!d.getElementById(id)){
                	js = d.createElement(s);
                	js.id = id;
                	js.async = true;
                	js.src = "//www.paypalobjects.com/js/external/paypal.v1.js";
                	ref.parentNode.insertBefore(js,ref);
                	}
                }(document,"script","paypal-js"));
                </script>

<div id="wrapper">

<actinic:variable name="Subheader" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ContactInfo%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Desktop%20and%20Mobile%22%20OR%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ContactInfo%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Desktop%20Only%22" >
                		<div class="topContactInfoDesktop">
                			<actinic:variable name="TopContactInfo" />
                		</div>

<div class="header-area">
                    	  <actinic:variable name="HeaderArea" />
                       </div>
                       <div class="navigation-bar">

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ContactInfo%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Desktop%20and%20Mobile%22%20OR%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ContactInfo%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Mobile%20Only%22" >
                			  <div class="topContactInfoMobile">
                					<actinic:variable name="TopContactInfo" />
                			  </div>
                				<div class="nav">
                					<actinic:variable name="MiniMenu" />
                					<actinic:variable name="NavigationBar" value="Main Menu Bar" >
                				</div>
                        </div>
                        <div class="bulk-area">
                            <div id="left-area">
                                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MobileLeftColumn%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Before%20Main%20Content%22" >
                						 <div id="left-sidebar">
                							  <actinic:variable value="Regular Left Sidebar" name="SideBar" />
                						 </div>
                                <div class="content-area<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz3%5fSidebars%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27Two%20Sidebars%27" > content-minus-two</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Wiz3%5fSidebars%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%27One%20Sidebar%27" > content-minus-one</actinic:block>">
                						<actinic:variable name="B2B_Links" />
                                	<Actinic:Variable Name="INNERLAYOUT"/>
                                	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22RecentlyViewedListIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20True" >
                							<actinic:variable name="RecentProducts" >
                						<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22RecentlyViewedListIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20True%20%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Product%20Page%22%29" >             
                							<actinic:variable name="SaveRecentProducts" >
                						<actinic:variable name="FeefoSiteLogo" />

<br clear="all" />
                                </div>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MobileLeftColumn%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22After%20Main%20Content%22" >
                						 <div id="left-sidebar">
                							  <actinic:variable name="SideBar" value="Regular Left Sidebar" >
                						 </div>

</div>
                				<div id="right-sidebar">
                                       </div>

</div>

<div class="footer-area">
                			<Actinic:Variable Name="FooterArea"/>
                		</div>
                       <br style="clear:both;" />
                    </div>
                	 <actinic:variable name="AJAXFunctions" />
                    <actinic:variable name="GoogleAnalyticsMarkup" value="Google Analytics Tracking Code" />
                    <actinic:variable name="EmailExtension" value="Email javascript" />
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GoogleAdwordsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GoogleAdwordsMarketing%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" >
                		<actinic:variable name="GoogleAdwordsMarketing" />
                </body>
                </html>

Comment

Yes, it should be there.

In my V16 it comes after the 'LoadingDialog' block and before SocialMediaFunctions.

But I also have the <Body onload....> stuff there that you also seem to be missing.

If you've been keeping regular backups it might be a good idea to go through them and see if you can find the latest one that has the design working the way you wanted. You should then be able to import the design from the backup (but make sure you backup your current site first just in case you overwrite something you didn't want to such as your customer data).

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike, but who would have thought that it could have been the simplest of things?

After much editing, deleting, re-installing along with copious amounts of swearing I discovered that if the column has new products in it and the products go beyond the date set for them to be new then the whole column disappears. Like seriously the whole layout, not just the content!!

Thanks for all your time and help with it Mike. :-)

Comment

That's a weird one. I'm glad you found it in the end as it certainly had me stumped.

Hopefully, anyone else having the same problem will be able to find this thread.

Is the solution just to have a really long period for 'new' products and then to limit the number displayed to whatever you want? And were you using the standard 1000 days I seem to have by default in mine?

Comment

Working...
                      X