Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What piccolink will work 'fine' with EPOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What piccolink will work 'fine' with EPOS?

Hi
    Which piccolink will work 'fine' with EPOS?
    'In theory' any should do!

Thanks for your time

PS SHOCKED !
    just seen Actinic price on this Piccolink RF600
    Mind, I am not attacking Actinic, as their price is based on their buying price.

I used to be in Telecommunications (all spectrum of frequencies) and it seems ridiculous the price of this item and similar! A two way radio with a barcode scanner in it - that is all it is, really!
    You can get a 433MHz two way radios at around £. 100 - I am not talking about the cheap ones at £. 29!
    Ciao
    actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
    ;-]

Hi there

There is a built in intergartion within the Epos software to allow you to use a Piccolink, which is a handheld barcode scanner with a keypad, which uses a wireless connection to communicate directly with the EPOS system, enabling you to scan barcodes, display and edit product prices, enter and update information directly into the EPOS database, whilst moving around the shop and stockroom.

Hope that helps

Comment

Hi
      Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately that does not answer my question.

I have asked which (although I wrote the word what initially) piccolink will work with EPOS - apart from the one 'you' sell.

Mention makers/ models please, as it is not listed on your user guide.

Thanks
      Mauro
      Ciao
      actinico

;-]

Comment

Hi there

That is the only model of Piccolink that we support with the softwae, alternativly you could use something like the Samsung Q1 to transfer the data, that is the same price as the Piccolink though.

More info about the Samsung Q1 here http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/m...q1_v000suk.asp

Hope that helps

Comment

Thank you for your reply

Nice one and not very clever.

You are keeping it in the house!

The problem remains and it still is a overpriced product and as I mentioned I do perfectly know Telecommunications (used to work as an Electronics Tech on propfessional transceivers) and this toy is not just overpriced for the 'standard' and not special technology within it, but in my view it should be around £. 300 really (real worth) - the rest is only exageration well over the limit.

We are in the usual limbo, a hardware or software - if it is for business it must retail 5 times and this has nothing to do with the number of sales.

Anyway loud and clear, if I find the time I will modify a standard 'wired one' myself for around £. 50 - possibly.
          Ciao
          actinico

;-]

Comment

Originally posted by actinico
            Mind, I am not attacking Actinic, as their price is based on their buying price.
            I'd hate to see it when you are attacking Actinic then!
            Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

I will modify a standard 'wired one' myself for around £. 50 - possibly.
              and receive a help request response of - I'm sorry we can't support non standard equipment.

I guess it comes down to a Business Decision - support vs. equipment cost.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I see you understand what I mean!

As if we are all plonkers!

Actually, this may be a gap in the market.

mmmm!
                Ciao
                actinico

;-]

Comment

Originally posted by Luddite
                  I'd hate to see it when you are attacking Actinic then!
                  what can you do Luddite!

In these situations, I strongly believe many think what I think - except those who have money coming out their ears and those who just sped, weather they have it or not!

I hope many do or we are surrounded by ...

oops I nearly forgot: anything we say that is contrary to someone does not mean attacking, but merely stating the facts and the main problem I believe is not many do it or things would certainly change as 'we' are the spenders after all and we have the right of knowing if something it is worth it or not.

A fast solution would be a 5m USB2 lead (which is the max to have a good signal channeling and then add a USB relay and so on you can have a 20 cable that can go around most of small business premises around and save you thousands - obviously you need a person on a PC.
                  Another alternative is to use a laptop and also use its power supply as many shops have many electrical sockets around! I may do this for now and do the job faster - I have nearly 4,000 stocked different items to barcode-swipe or create/print new ones, etc. and I bet there are many other businesses that have so much more than me
                  Ciao
                  actinico

;-]

Comment

Working...
                  X