Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stocktake problem !

Hi
    Just testing the Stocktake function and I already have a problem.

I have swiped a barcode and entered a quantity, then I saved the file - well I tried.

EPOS just hangs on and freezes - I have then to force it to shut down using XP task manager and the file it is saved after all.

I can see that this program will need a very good overall indeed, by a good programmer. Hope you release a patched version very soon.

Anyone had this problem?

Please note, our computer is fine and kept in good working order - (defrag, etc.)

PS I am testing, but we are doing the stocktake for real and I would not like to waste too much time - time is money!
    Ciao
    actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
    ;-]

Is this Solo, where the Db is in the machine you are swiping etc, or networked where it has to connect to the Db across your network?

Reason ask, is we came across this issue with a client and it ended up being a bottleneck in the network which needed sorting out, which once that was sorted, stopped this issue.

Just an idea for you just incase it is not a software bug, as it works fine doing stocktake for our clients.

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply.
      It is SOLO and although it does save it, I have to use Task Manager and force the program to close.

I would not mind it, but it is just I am used to save files several times during the days and it comes natural.

Also, you do not want to risk to loose all daily work if you wait until you finish and then save!

It may be a bug and since your program does not re-install on top of itself, I do not want to risk to have more problems after.

I do not trust the program to be able to restore the backup file created from an earlier installation of the program!

PS just found out another thing.
      If you click on CLEAR - to clear the grid, it asks you are you sure? I clicked NO and it did it anyway!
      Ciao
      actinico

;-]

Comment

Originally posted by actinico
        Hi thanks for your reply.
        ... I do not trust the program to be able to restore the backup file created from an earlier installation of the program!

PS just found out another thing.
        If you click on CLEAR - to clear the grid, it asks you are you sure? I clicked NO and it did it anyway!
        I also have to add that after you re-run the program, EPOS says the program is still running - which is not (I checked) - that means it will need a automated rollback to last action done!

When I run the program again and click on stocktake, clear the grid and recall the saved file, I noticed that a couple or more records are not correct and I have to open the txt saved manually and change/correct the errors and save it.

Then reopen it (recall it) with EPOS - all this work should not be done and unfortunately I repeat that you should have checked the program for problems or bugs 'before' put it on sale - 'especially' if it was purchased from another Company! All these problems we are having are because of it.

I only hope your programmers (if you have any) or the Company that works for you will do amend the main problems soon - very soon! This is not acceptable, all programs can have problems - not all these problems.

I still believe you will solve them (well, you have to!) and free of charge too.

I am sure somebody will say I am attacking again, well I am merely reporting what is happening - loads of problems that are making my life a misery.

Since I am doing the stock taking and at the same time barcoding and inputting 'all' our stock (about 4,000 items), I am the one (together with others in my exact situation) that can find these problems.
        This will take much longer than it should.

Happy New Year everybody !
        Ciao
        actinico

;-]

Comment

Have you been in touch with support on this direct for assistance?

Comment

No, because I believe I will get no help for this kind of fault - it is clearly a program problem.

I also (a few minutes ago) saved it and before to click ok I checked if it was saved, and it was.

Then clicked ok and the program hangs.

I went to do other things this time and let the program go.

After about 5 minutes, you could see the program still slightly frozen and when I clicked the CLOSE (stocktake window), I got a runtime error.
            Then I tried to close EPOS and it did work.

This clearly shows the program is the culprit (MSaccess runtime), that is why I let it work for 5 minutes.

Since I have to do the stock I prefer to continue as is, also I purchased it more than 30 days and I am sure Actinic will be fast in asking to pay for it!

I am tired to ask and ask and ask, we all know were the problem is.

Thanks for your input, appreciated.
            Ciao
            actinico

;-]

Comment

Hi actinico

So we can look into this further, could you please let me know which program revision you are using? You can find this out from the main menu, underneath the Actinic logo.

Comment

Originally posted by James M
                Hi actinico

So we can look into this further, could you please let me know which program revision you are using? You can find this out from the main menu, underneath the Actinic logo.

2.65 and this is another problem too!

I have mentioned that EPOS only shows 2.65 instead of 2.654 etc.

Thanks
                Ciao
                actinico

;-]

Comment

Hi there

There was a bug with the stock take routine in version you are using, and this has been amended in the current version of Epos, if you would like to give me a call on 0845 1294848, then we can help you get your software upgraded to sort this issue out, the version you are currently using needs to have a change made to the database aswell, before upgrading that it is compatable.

Comment

Hi
                    Since I do not have the time to spend on the phone, I ask you kindly to email me instructions.

I have tried to send you a PM, but you seem to have chosen not to use that !

I have sent an email to your forum/admin an hoping to get a reply from you via email.

I have not posted that email here for obvious reasons.

Thank you

PS do not worry, I am not that type that uses people emails wrongly!
                    If I need to say something, I say face to face.
                    Ciao
                    actinico

;-]

Comment

Hi
                      It works fine now - I mean the stocktake saving and although you can recall a file, EPOS still gives that error I mentioned.

Is it possible to set how you wish to have EPOS work?

1. now that I have updated it, we have all Department fileds empty and I have used them for over 1,200 products
                      2. when inputting a product, we have the Button feature ticked and I do not need it ticked all the time I enter a product.
                      3. it would be useful to have a second 'offer/sale' price field within the product window - so we can input a sale price fast and without fuss.

Thanks
                      Mauro

ps now I am working at least!
                      Ciao
                      actinico

;-]

Comment

Working...
                      X