Ordering of products on a filtered page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering of products on a filtered page

Morning all, wonder if anybody can help?

I'm attempting to set an order for a section populated by filters. The products in question already exist in a section elsewhere on site, and as such have had a manual SectionSequence defined, for use in that category.

My question is, is it possible to set a manual order for products in a filtered page, where the products already have an order set.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Matt
    Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

The sort order of products in filtered sections is site-wide, controlled by the 'Sort Orders' grid in the 'Results' tab of the 'Search and Filtering Settings' dialog.

If the default sort order is 'Recommended', products will appear in the same order as they do in the Content Tree. If products come from multiple parent sections, then any products that are in first position in their respective sections will appear first, followed by products in position two and so on.

Hope this helps
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
      The sort order of products in filtered sections is site-wide, controlled by the 'Sort Orders' grid in the 'Results' tab of the 'Search and Filtering Settings' dialog.

If the default sort order is 'Recommended', products will appear in the same order as they do in the Content Tree. If products come from multiple parent sections, then any products that are in first position in their respective sections will appear first, followed by products in position two and so on.

Hope this helps
      Thanks Bruce,

This is the conclusion that I had come to unfortunately.

Matt

Comment

Just trying to get my head around the way products are allocated to a filtered section.

Even though I have them sorted as 'Recommended' they are displayed in what looks like a random order and not in the same order as the content tree.

Any ideas on how to rectify this?

John

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
          Just trying to get my head around the way products are allocated to a filtered section.

Even though I have them sorted as 'Recommended' they are displayed in what looks like a random order and not in the same order as the content tree.

Any ideas on how to rectify this?

John
          Hi John.

The products are arranged based on their position in their actual section.

If product A1 lives in section 1 at position 1, and Product B1 lives in section 1 at position 2, they will sit behind each other in order.

However if you bring product A2 in, which lives in section 2 at position 1, it will be inserted before B1

A rough example, but it's the best I've got!

I'm convinced this code can be edited, but I've not got the Perl / JS knowledge to do so.

Comment

Thanks Matt,

I have had another look and your explanation is right, just need a way to change it now!
            Regards

John

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
              Thanks Matt,

I have had another look and your explanation is right, just need a way to change it now!
              Regards

John
              Unfortunately without making your other sections look weird, there isn't one. It's pretty frustrating as we like to hold our actual products at the bottom hierarchy of the site in their relevant brand locations and then filter them up - offers users a better experience on site.

Comment

Working...
              X