Section not staying where put?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section not staying where put?

I'm trying to create a new section & it doesn't seem to matter where I locate it, it just jumps up the content tree toward the top of existing sections.

The section was originally a copy of an existing one which was doing the above, so it was deleted / purged & a new section created, but it's doing exactly the same thing.

Any pointers?
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

With problems like this the first thing to try is always a 'compact and repair' of the database.

I assume you're trying to move it using SHIFT-MOVE as described here:

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=56875

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

If you're in an Access version of SD, open the ActinicCatalog.mdb, check the catalog section sequence inside of the section table. You may have duplicate references. Ensure that your sequence is.... sequential!

As Mike indicated, compact and repair the DB - always a good start.
      Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Thanks.

Compacted on a regular basis & I was going to have a look at the DB in Access this evening, but;

Contacted Sellerdeck support today, tech asks if I've tried relocating the section in the normal fashions, cut / paste, shift / drag (obviously I have, several times...) & proceeds to log in & manualy shift the section. I'm busy gafawing in my head thinking, yea like this will work.

Sure enough it does, section stays where it's put & I'm left with a red face....
        Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

It happens to all of us sometimes. Glad it's now sorted.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
          X