Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
    This is really very impressive.

It does seem to be quite slow in operation which could be a setting or server issue. It would also be nice if there was a way to close the 'added to cart' message.

Despite this it's really very, very good. Congratulations Malcolm.

Mike
    Thanks

I didn't add a close button as the 'added to cart message' is timed to fade away (about 15 secs).

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Great work Malcolm, only thing I can see is as per what Mike says. 15 seconds seems a bit excessive, particularly once you've seen it once, on your second press its just lingering around and can get a bit annoying. Apart from that top job.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        Great work Malcolm, only thing I can see is as per what Mike says. 15 seconds seems a bit excessive, particularly once you've seen it once, on your second press its just lingering around and can get a bit annoying. Apart from that top job.
        Thanks Lee
        Value can be changed to suit, I dropped it to 8 seconds

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Excellent extra Malcolm. Are you still refining it or is that the finished version? Cos I think you have a goodly number of takers on here if you're ready to sell it ...
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Jolly good show Malcolm - great plug-in!
            Is the functionality, look and feel fixed or could we have it customised for text size & font, border, box-shape and box position?
            When I test it on our 3G connection, which can have a bit of a lag sometimes, the plugin is a bit slow to show - is it server based?
            Kind Regards
            Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

I'd be very interested in this too. I agree with others though that a "close" option would be useful.
              www.satellite.ie

Comment

Please add me to your list of interested clients- this looks really good. Thanks!
                Ben
                Ben
                http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

I am guessing it is finish already as you can buy the add on from his site http://www.toddesigns.co.uk/acatalog...r_actinic.html

Elliott
                  Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

I'm hoping it can be customised as it needs to match the design of the site on which it is being implemented, otherwise it'll just look like an add-on.
                    Kind Regards
                    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

We've just upgraded our site fom V7 to V10.0.3 and have included this add-on. All works well and we feel it gives the customer a much slicker shopping experience. Thoroughly recommended. Feel free to add to cart then remove if you want to see it on a live site: http://www.silvermoonbeads.com/acata...ack_Agate.html
                      www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

It does seem to work well.

The two things that I'd to see are:

1. A 'close' button on the 'added to cart' popup.
                        2. The 'added to cart' popup doesn't always appear in the same place on the screen which I find rather odd. It would be good if this was consistent or settable.

Mike
                        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
                          It does seem to work well.

The two things that I'd to see are:

1. A 'close' button on the 'added to cart' popup.
                          2. The 'added to cart' popup doesn't always appear in the same place on the screen which I find rather odd. It would be good if this was consistent or settable.

Mike
                          Point 2
                          This was changed at the request of user as they wanted it to stay on screen on multiple product displays, it is now attached to the form used to call it so effectively tied to the product you have just added.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Williams View Post
                            I'm hoping it can be customised as it needs to match the design of the site on which it is being implemented, otherwise it'll just look like an add-on.
                            Popups are styled by their own css file using a library of themes

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Williams View Post
                              Jolly good show Malcolm - great plug-in!
                              Is the functionality, look and feel fixed or could we have it customised for text size & font, border, box-shape and box position?
                              When I test it on our 3G connection, which can have a bit of a lag sometimes, the plugin is a bit slow to show - is it server based?
                              Yes and No, the delay is caused by the server, but the popups are all client based, if there is no javascript enabled in the browser the site reverts to normal operation. No changes need to be made to the perl scripts, though making changes from the Actinic Advanced guide to disable the bounce page does improve the operation.

When you click the add to cart button it displays the feedback popup this is then closed when the server responds, so the time from the popup changing on the button click, to the display of the cart popup is down to the server processing the Actinic cart script.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

My designer is in the process of implementing this for my site and it looks good so far. What I'm wondering though is if it is possible to get the script to set the browser to go to the top of the page and have the pop up close to or pointing to the basket. To give you an example try adding a product from the home page of http://www.play.com/
                                www.satellite.ie

Comment

Working...
                                X