Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do my customers get a security alert warning when returning to my website after..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do my customers get a security alert warning when returning to my website after..

Why do my customers get a security alert warning when returning to my website after entering their credit card details?

our customers may get the following warning message when moving between a secure site and non-secure site:

This is a standard browser message and is nothing to worry about.

There are two ways to deal with this message:

1. The merchant could install a secure certificate on their site so that the return to the receipt page is secure

2. Explain to the customer that they can accept the message and move on with confidence or could turn off the warning message for the future by ticking the 'In future do not show this warning' box. Alternatively, they can go to:

'Tools | Internet Options | Advanced Tab | Security group | Warn if changing between secure and non-secure mode' in Internet Explorer

'Tools | Options | Security panel | Warning Messages - Settings button | I leave an encrypted page for one that isn't encrypted' in Firefox
    Attached Files
Working...
X