Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failed to communicate with the SMTP server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to communicate with the SMTP server.

Error message as per title - I now have a massive queue of emails in my box to send out - order receipt etc. Up until just over two weeks ago it was all working fine. Contacted Sellerdeck support and they say its a known issue and contact 1and1 for an alternative server address. So I contact 1and1 and they provide me with some alternative mail servers - i have tried all of these and the issue still remains. Can anyone here please give me an 1and1 outgoing mail server that works please? My support call has been closed by sellerdeck - although my issue is not resolved!

Did you try mrvnet.kundenserver.de ?
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
      Did you try mrvnet.kundenserver.de ?
      That was what I originally had setup.

since tried:

mout.kundenserver.de

mout.perfora.net

Comment

Hmmm... I have many demo sites on 1&1 and just tried mrvnet.kundenserver.de on a site that used to work using that SMTP server. It no longer works.

Looks like 1&1 (yet again wihout telling us) have changed something that breaks SellerDeck.

If 1&1 cannot give you a solution you may have to consider using a 3rd party SMTP server (like sendgrid.net assuming that it will work with 1&1). Or change hosts to one that knows SellerDeck. There's a thread on moving to host-it.co.uk here.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thankyou - the last time i looked at transfering to Sellerdeck hosting it was just too expensive - i will consider other options - when i ever get the time...

Comment

Sendgrid

We use Sendgrid for smtp for our SD sites hosted by 1&1. For new sites, we are using Host-It as the host, specially designed for SD and happy with it.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
            X