• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the future?

A New Era for Sellerdeck...

Read a statement from Phil Rothwell:

Dear Customers,

I have some important news about the future of Sellerdeck Limited that I would like to share with you.

As you are aware, over the last few years we have been developing and delivering a range of services that enable us to work more closely with our customers. Today in addition to supplying a platform for Desktop and Cloud, we also offer website design and development and online marketing services. For a growing number of Sellerdeck users we have become close partners as well as suppliers.

At the same time, we have been working to restructure the ownership of the company. I am pleased to announce that this process is now complete and Sellerdeck Limited is wholly owned by the original founder of the business. The main benefit of this is that the business can now move forward with its ownership structure and evolving strategy aligned; supported by the shareholder’s desire to continue to invest for the long-term.

As part of this restructuring process, I was invited to share ownership of the business, which I consider to be a great privilege. However, after giving the matter considerable thought, I have decided to change the direction of my career. Many of you will already be aware of my interest in marketing strategy and data analytics as I talk about it at the company conference. I have decided that this is something I would like to pursue.

New leadership is required for the company and so Josh Barling is taking my place as the CEO. Josh will be supported by Peter Turner, formerly the CEO of CreditCall, as Chairman. Josh has previously worked in the business for eight years and has an in depth understanding of the company and ecommerce.

Josh will be taking up his role with immediate effect, although I will continue to work with the company during the transition.

With respect to the conference, I want to apologise for the false start. As you can imagine, we have been focused on the restructuring of the ownership of the company and as a consequence did not give ourselves sufficient time to promote the event. In the approaching months, we want to engage with you through a series of online events that continue to keep you informed about our development plans.

Finally, as I pass the baton onto Josh, I want to thank you for your custom and the insights you have given me into your businesses. One of the great benefits of working in technology is that you get to meet interesting people and learn about a broad range of markets.

Everyone at Sellerdeck shares my passion and desire to help you succeed, so I know that I leave you in good hands.

On Tuesday the 29th of August at 14:00, Josh and I will host a webinar and we welcome you to join and ask any questions.

To register please click below:

Register for the webinar
    Last edited by guccij; 24-Aug-2017, 10:29 AM. Reason: Link DOES now work
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

It would be nice if Josh came out with his long term plan for the company and what changes he will make in the near future

One thing i have never seen is any online or offline marketing over the last few years, Sellerdeck never appears in magazine Reviews either
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
      It would be nice if Josh came out with his long term plan for the company and what changes he will make in the near future
      I echo you there Chris, i have sunk many hours over the last few month and money trying to integrate SD with our system, i am in with both feet and have been from the start, yet i feel that SD has lost it's way when it comes to what i believe is their core business.

I know how to run my business so it's not marketing or strategery i need but a software that is keeping up with the pace of E Commerce.

What I found bizarre is in one of the podcasts SD put out they were welcoming a new member of staff to the SD team. This guy had got experience in actually running a E Com store, they admitted that no one at SD had ever run a Ecommerce store before Amazing but I quite often think when reading their emails and when talking to them, they really don't have a understanding on what issues you have running a business day to day.

I really hope this new team will concentrate more on the software.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ ENG View Post
        I echo you there Chris, i have sunk many hours over the last few month and money trying to integrate SD with our system, i am in with both feet and have been from the start, yet i feel that SD has lost it's way when it comes to what i believe is their core business.

I know how to run my business so it's not marketing or strategery i need but a software that is keeping up with the pace of E Commerce.

What I found bizarre is in one of the podcasts SD put out they were welcoming a new member of staff to the SD team. This guy had got experience in actually running a E Com store, they admitted that no one at SD had ever run a Ecommerce store before Amazing but I quite often think when reading their emails and when talking to them, they really don't have a understanding on what issues you have running a business day to day.

I really hope this new team will concentrate more on the software.
        Hi Paul,

For what it's worth - The new team member, Justin - very helpful and knowledgeable.

I agree, interesting that an E-commerce product provider didn't have anyone in house with actual E-commerce usage experience.
        Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Broken Link

Apologies for the broken link in the initial e-mail ... this is now fixed!

Tim

Comment

It's not true that no one in SD has ever run an actual eCommerce store, several of the developers have had their own stores and I know of at least two shops run by support staff - SD used to give staff a free copy of SD to run their own stores on. I'm an ex-Sellerdeck developer and I have 8 eCommerce stores, 5 of which were running when I still worked there. I do agree though that it does open your eyes to how important seemingly simple things can be when you run a store everyday.
            Last edited by Jan; 30-Aug-2017, 08:26 AM.
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

SellerDeck seem to be making a habit of cancelling meetings with their users!! Just had an email to say this afternoon's webinar is cancelled.

Unfortunately we have to postpone today's webinar at 2pm until further notice as Josh is unwell and unable to take part.

We hope to get this booked in for this time next week, however we will e-mail you again once this is confirmed.

Many thanks for understanding, we'll be back in touch soon.

Sellerdeck
              Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
              SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
              Based in rural Northants

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
                SellerDeck seem to be making a habit of cancelling meetings with their users!! Just had an email to say this afternoon's webinar is cancelled.
                Couple of years back,Josh's PA called me and asked if he could visit us - I have no issue with this so agreed - he cancelled - made alternative date - cancelled again - I was then on holiday so that was the end of that ... no idea what he wanted to discuss.
                www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mje View Post
                  Couple of years back,Josh's PA called me and asked if he could visit us - I have no issue with this so agreed - he cancelled - made alternative date - cancelled again - I was then on holiday so that was the end of that ... no idea what he wanted to discuss.
                  He was visiting customers trying to entice you to convert to SellerDeck Cloud aka Ma gen to

Comment

Hi everyone,

I want to apologise for postponing the webinar. Unfortunately I've suffered a concussion and it's been difficult to concentrate and hold a meaningful conversation.

I felt that you would all prefer attending the webinar when I was capable of answering your questions.

I'm back on the mend, so plan to host the webinar either end of this week or beginning of next - the invite will be emailed.

Thanks,
                    Josh
                    Josh Barling
                    CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Hi All,

I've created a webinar for Monday the 11th September at 14:30.

To register please visit - https://register.gotowebinar.com/reg...70902528390146

Looking forward to speaking with everyone!

Thanks
                      Josh Barling
                      Josh Barling
                      CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

I wasn't available to join the webinar on Monday - was there any exciting news?

John
                        John Ennals
                        www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by John Ennals View Post
                          I wasn't available to join the webinar on Monday - was there any exciting news?

John
                          Hi John,

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to email me on josh.barling@sellerdeck.com and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

In general I felt that the session went really well; we had some great questions that allowed me to touch on the future of Sellerdeck and it's development plans.

In the next couple months, I'll be looking at different ways to inform all our customers and users on what exciting new developments we are working on.

I shared some of the questions from the webinar with all my colleagues and I'm a great believer in hearing as much feedback as possible - so if you have any questions or comments, they are very helpful and always welcomed.

Thanks,
                          Josh Barling
                          CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Is there any possibility of holding these kind of events of an evening going forward rather than during the working day?
                            www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mje View Post
                              Is there any possibility of holding these kind of events of an evening going forward rather than during the working day?
                              Hi Mark,

That's definitely a possibility. I'll look at the timings for the next one.

Thanks
                              Josh Barling
                              CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Working...
                              X