• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSL Setup

Hi,

I have a SSL cert for my website.

Ive made a change in the network setup to point the website url to https

I have a .htaccess file on the server with the following code as instructed by the hosting company

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
    RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}

The issue I'm having is an Internal Error when trying to add to the cart via the CGi-BIN folder. All permissions are setup correctly.

Any pointers would be great.

It's often easier to see the problem by looking at it rather than trying to guess from what's been done.

What's the url of your site? (the one set on the forum appears to be for sale)
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I don't know whether this will help or make things worse, but my .htaccess file looks like this:

Code:
      RewriteEngine On
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
      RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]
      RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
      RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]
      John
      John Ennals
      www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Anything that involves the scripts running in the cgi bin gives me a internal failure.

E.g from home page if you click on the Rain wear link it gives a internal failure.

If you try and add a product to the checkout it fails.

Is there anything that needs to be changed in sellerdeck for this to work?

I assume the network setup is still the same apart from the website URL?

Comment

Did you change the settings in Business Settings > Payment and Security to tick Use SSL?TLS on Whole Site?
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I did try it with it on then turned it off as not sure. I assumed this is for only the payment method and I use paypal?

If i enter those details i assume everything is as per the basic settings but with https:// in front of the urls? Anyone got an example?

Im getting this message when trying to refresh the websitre but I have checked the persmissions on the cgi-bin and they are 755 and the acatalog is 777

SellerDeck received a server error from the web server. The CGI scripts are not executing properly on the server. The error could be caused by several things. Check:
            - the 'Path to the Perl shell'
            - the 'CGI script extension'
            - the 'Path to CGI-BIN'
            - the 'CGI-BIN URL.
            - the amount of web space left on your server
            - if your server is configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts
            - the permissions on the server:

On Linux/Unix based servers the permissions should be:
            cgi-bin (755) – drwxr-xr-x
            Online Store Folder (777) – drwxrwxrwx
            On Windows based servers (need to be checked with the hosting company):
            IIS
            cgi-bin = read/execute
            Online Store Folder = read/write/execute
            NTFS
            cgi-bin = Catalog's FTP account needs 'Change' permissions on the directory
            Online Store Folder = Catalog's FTP account needs 'Change' permissions on the directory AND the IUSR_<servername> account needs to have 'Change' permissions on the directory

Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

Comment

No you must have it ticked in those settings for the whole site. Your settings should look similar to this:

Attached Files
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thajnsk for that - mine look the same - Will get back onto the hosting company

Comment

I suspect the internal server error is coming from your htaccess file.

Try renaming it to something innocuous so we can see if it is that which is causing the problem.

Comment

The issue seems to be on the server end. Fasthosts upgraded my existing hosting package to a package with SSL. Problem is something has got screwed on the way.

An engineer has suggested I make some changes to some files but never had to do this before. So have asked them to delete and remove everything and ill try again.

Heres their response - so least i know its not Sellerdeck

Dear Darren

Further to this case, our engineers have managed to identify the problem on the website. Your PERL script still has Windows style of line: CRFL. This needs to be changed to a Linux end of line. Please refer to link below:

http://sqlblog.com/blogs/jamie_thoms...g-notepad.aspx

You can change this via SSH access as well, as discussed in the external forum below:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-a-bash-script

Best regards,

Comment

Fasthosts, you say?

Comment

Fasthosts would never be my host of choice for a sellerdeck setup. I've seen too many people try and fail to get it working.

What PERL script did they want changing? The only perl files you should have are the sellerdeck ones. Did they maybe mean your .htaccess file?

Comment

Its not usually the hosting companies fault its usually a user fault. I've had my site with them since 2007 and hardly any down time.

Least with fasthosts you can ring them and speak to a human being within usually a few moments of ringing them. You also chat to them via online chat

Its not a .htaccess issue - the issue is with the scripts that are executed within the cgi-bin folder.

Thanks for your help

Comment

No problem. It sounds as if between you, you and Fasthosts are on top of the situation so I'll leave you to it.

PS. This recent thread suggests that the Fasthost problems with sellerdeck may be related the newer Fasthost server platforms. Just something to bear in mind if you've been moved over from one of the older ones.

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?p=354224

Comment

Thanks Mike - I've another site that works fine - with this test site the only difference is this SSL stuff. Was working fine until they upgraded it moved it to Windows OS and then back to Linux.

If it carries on I will move it to a more Sellerdeck platform.

Thanks to everyone for there help

Comment

Working...
                              X