Generating Sellerdeck emails from orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generating Sellerdeck emails from orders

Using SD2016. We have an ongoing problem with not getting SD emails which notify orders. Customers can choose to pay via Worldpay or Paypal, and we have a bright notice on site asking them to always click back to the site after paying, to generate the SD order notifications. Most don't seem to, so we don't get our email notifications.
    Is there any code available which will generate those emails as the customers click through to the PSP?
    Thanks

Originally posted by PabloTech View Post
    Is there any code available which will generate those emails as the customers click through to the PSP?
    I don't think there is.

I've never really understood why the customer receipt email isn't triggered by the PSP callback (which is what creates the order) rather than the customer returning to the receipt page. Sellerdeck could have fixed the problem the last time they worked on the checkout routine but did nothing about it despite it being a known problem.

I wouldn't recommend trying to send it on transfer to the PSP as they'd get the receipt email even if there had been some sort of payment problem. Try explaining that to them.

Paypal can be set to automatically return customers and most of my customers do get the customer receipt email. I can't help with worldpay.

It's also worth making a test order on your website just in case you have a technical problem that is preventing the email from being sent.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I've been using Worldpay for some time and I have found that I get the copy of the customer order if they click the see receipt link on the page that shows the payment confirmation and transaction ID.
      I have contacted Patricia at Worldpay technical support and she and an experienced Sellerdeck colleague identified the problem quickly and sent me a html page to upload onto the Worldpay control panel.
      This upload can be done through the edit page appearance setting and it called resultY.html

Please save this file to your desktop and follow steps listed below:

- Click Installations
      - Click the blue spanner icon under the PRODUCTION header for installation XXXXXXX
      - Look for the "Enable the Shopper Response" setting and disable
      - Scroll to the bottom and save changes

- Click installations
      - Click Edit Payment Pages
      - Select your installation XXXXXX
      - Click File Management
      - Upload resultY.html via the browse facility

- Click copy to production - changes can take up to 6 hours to come into effect

I have passed the file onto Sumiya in the Sellerdeck support team or change the uploaded file extension from txt to html once you have downloaded it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X