No announcement yet.

The dreaded Invalid Signature message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have reset everything, uploaded and started from scratch but still have the same error. Protx have emailed me to say the problems lies with Actinic. I presume this means they will not check the information on their servers. Have you ever experienced a problem from their side?

Best Wishes

Geraldine
    Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

Hi Geraldine,

Yes, I have known Protx to have inputted things incorrectly on their servers before. I suggest that you raise a support ticket or call support (if you have a contract) so we can do some further investigations of this issue and work out if it's a problem with us or Protx.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Try phoning Protx rather than emailing them, it's very hard to get them to admit they've done something wrong, it's easier for them to treat you like an idiot!

I've had this happen twice so I made a complaint after they found the problem at their end for the second time and I ended up with an emailed apology from them. Both times the problem was resolved with a phone call.

Malcolm
        ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
        ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
        ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

I must say that the last couple of times I've needed to call Protx support they have been very good. Able to answer my queries quickly and efficiently.
          Just in case anyone is still worried that the support from 6+ months or so ago still exists.
          I've usually been seen to within a couple of minutes by people who actually seem to know what they're talking about and are able to resolve my problem.
          It certainly restored my faith in their support system. I'd call over emailing them anyday (and, trust me, me calling ANYONE is a minor miracle!)
          Tracey

Comment

Same 'Invalid Signature' problem

I too am experiencing the same problem.

I have spoken with Protx and confirmed the encryption password and secret key are both correct.
            They say the fault must be with Actinic.
            I have followed the Protx setup guide in this forum. I also tried modifying the protx gateway url in the OCCUpgrade.ini as per the guide.
            Still no luck.
            I am using v8.5.1 designer.

Happy days,
            Jon.

Comment

I am using v8.5.1 designer.
              i am not an expert with protx, but surely you should be setting up protx on the client version of the software and not your designer copy? Desogner by its definition does not process payments/orders

Comment

I tried using Actinic client version - still same error.

Protx suggested using their 'showpost' url - tried but got 404 error.
                They then suggested using VSP Simulator - tried but got 404 error again.

Time for a cuppa - why am I using Actinic and Protx again?

Comment

Ask Protx for a new secret key. They gave me a new one, I put it into the business settings (didn't have to change anything else) and it worked.

Despite saying originally that it was Actinic's fault, Protx did have the grace to admit that a new secret key can be the answer: "We do sometimes use this method; generate a new Secret Key and it sometimes does work."
                  Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Invalid signature fixed!

I called Protx again, requested a new secret key, as their other suggestions did not bear fruit.
                    Then the man said: 'ah I think I know why you have a problem - try it now'.
                    I tried and hurrah - no invalid signature error.
                    So I asked what was the fix? He said calmly 'there was a space character at the end of the key in our system'.

*DOH!*

I thanked him, put down the phone, and thought calming thoughts.

So if anyone else has this problem, and your convinced you entered the correct key into Actinic, I recommend you ask Protx to check for the dreaded space character.

Comment

Netbanx secret key problem

Hi,

Since upgrading from v9 biz to v10 biz plus my client has been getting what appear to be the same problems as the others here except he is using Netbanx.

When they download their orders through Actinic the system doesn't recognise that the customer has paid. They have to print out the separate email that Netbanx sends and manually enter into Actinic that the payment has been received. It was all working fine before I upgraded to version 10 biz +.

Netbanx sent another secret key (which has no spaces in it) and I've uploaded this but it didn't work. They have said that it's not their fault and that I should go to Actinic.

Do I need to change the OCCUpgrade.ini file - if so what do I need to do? I've attached the the error message I get.

Any help would be greatly received.

Cheers...Paul
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by adaptive View Post
                        I called Protx again, requested a new secret key, as their other suggestions did not bear fruit.
                        Then the man said: 'ah I think I know why you have a problem - try it now'.
                        I tried and hurrah - no invalid signature error.
                        So I asked what was the fix? He said calmly 'there was a space character at the end of the key in our system'.

*DOH!*

I thanked him, put down the phone, and thought calming thoughts.

So if anyone else has this problem, and your convinced you entered the correct key into Actinic, I recommend you ask Protx to check for the dreaded space character.
                        I had EXACTLY the same problem!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X