Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Address data missing from invoice

Hi,

I recently had a customer who has a particularly long address in Turkey.

Whilst he managed to enter all of the details into checkout and this information was shown on the order details, the printed invoice completely ignored the latter part of the data in the address 1 field. In this case it was particularly disruptive as the house number and street name were entered towards the end of the long line of data in the address1 field (62 characters) and did not appear on the Invoice delivery address with no warning.

It seems that checkout has a longer accepted character string length than the invoice and that invoicing just ignors the extra characters.
    Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
    The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

The field in the database for that line is used as is in the report but the report has limited space available so it will get truncated. If this is a common situation for your customers you can look at either changing the input field design in the checkout to only allow less characters which would perhaps force the customer to abbreviate the address or to possibly have the report modified to wrap onto another line.

Comment

True, but I agree with the OP that if you let a customer enter a certain number of characters then sellerdeck should be consistent in using them across all the reports.

We shouldn't have to be checking printouts to make sure that details entered are actually appearing.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Agreed. You would expect the data to be presented correctly where it's ever used.

62 characters is longer than I would've expected for one of the address lines but that said the available space on the invoice is a lot shorter.

Comment

This is the first time I have noticed this problem. That probably does not mean that it has not happened before, just that such critical address information has not been ignored.

This was a particularly long address and I can see that cutting it to the bare minimum whilst still making sense would only reduce it marginally.

I am very surprised that the generated report is only designed to accept such limited field lengths. It seems a bit like building a 2 lane motorway in terms of forward thinking.

My packers process in batches of 10 or 20, so arduously checking through the string of printed invoices against the completed orders on the screen would be too time consuming during the busy season. I shall opt to just check the address length when stuff fails to arrive before sending out the replacement order.

It would be nice if this could get sorted though.
          Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
          The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

Comment

Working...
          X