Recommend a Friend scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a Friend scheme

Right, would like to a scheme going, we use accounts and I was wondering if 'Personal Recommendation Code' could be added to an account.

So there are two parts really to this problem:
    1. Getting the code added to the account
    2. collecting this code when a friend orders from us
    3. linking back to the original customer to send them a 1 off coupon code for £5

When the code comes back we would issue a 1 off coupon code for £5 to the original person.

Would this be possible?

Thanks Mash
    Mash

1. You could use the "External Reference" field of the customer account to store the account's code.

2. You could use one of the spare checkout fields "How did you find our site" or "Reason for Buying" to collect the code during the friend's order.

3. You would need a daily process to analyse new orders, and match the codes collected to stored account codes and then either create a report of the customers to whom you need to send a discount, or have a pre-generated list of single-use coupon codes and automate the process entirely by emailing the qualifying accounts with their discount code.

We have an order export plug-in that could easily be adapted to perform step 3. Feel free to give me a call or contact me via the website (below) if you wish to discuss further.
    Andy Barrow
    http://www.codepath.biz
    T: 0161 870 6355

Accredited Sellerdeck development partners since 2004.
    Data import / export and catalog management plug-ins.

Comment

Andy

Hadn't noticed the external reference code, that would enable a code allocated to each customer which is necessary and we are using the checkout fields at the moment but possible could re organise those.

There is a demand for '"if you are on holiday let us know", currently that is going into shipping details / instructions, it would be good to separate out those two aspects too.

A few demands going on, I may have a look at your plugins, will be in touch just a few things to sort first, getting a site across to SD2016, done one already just working on the next.

Thanks Mash
      Mash

Comment

Working...
      X