Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragment downloads

Hi,
    I used to have a word doc and a pdf available to download via a fragment in my v10 catalog (on windows 7). I need to update these and cannot get it to work. From memory, i put the docs in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Actinic v10\Sites\Site1\Documents and then went to additional files in actinic and added the files needed.

Then I put the file path (\documents\......) in the URL field within the fragment but this isn't working.

Can anyone help? Have I got the file path wrong?

or if there is an alternate way to set up word and pdf downloads, please let me know

Comment

Actinic uploads all files into the acatalog folder, so make sure your URL links to it in there. Simple check is to put the URL in a browser, if it doesn't work, you have it wrong as long as the file has been uploaded already.

Comment

If you post an URL of a faulty page that will help a lot.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

this is the page where i want to put the downloads:

http://www.renown1886.co.uk/acatalog...al_School.html

I have been trying to get the bottom one to work (senior school price list, pdf version)

and this is what I get when i 'click here':

http://www.renown1886.co.uk/acatalog...ICE%20LIST.pdf

I have put the price list into the additional files via the design menu. I suspect I am just missing something simple!!

Comment

Try removing the /documents/ from the path. Actinic puts everything into the acatalog folder on the server.

Also %20 is a space in your filename. I'm note sure spaces are allowed on unix filenames. Certainly not allowed in URLs.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Did you try the URL you are inserting in a browser as advised? If not, what is the point of asking for advice?

If you don't understand some advice you have been given, say so and people can expand on their advice, choosing to ignore some advice because you don't understand it, is just counterproductive to solving issues.

Comment

"Did you try the URL you are inserting in a browser as advised? If not, what is the point of asking for advice?

If you don't understand some advice you have been given, say so and people can expand on their advice, choosing to ignore some advice because you don't understand it, is just counterproductive to solving issues."

Yes i did leehack, no need to throw your toys out of the pram . It was part of what I did to find a solution to the problem that I have just found but didn't have a chance to sort it fully yesterday as I was busy in my shop. I was actually just coming onto the forum to say thank you to you all for the advice.

Comment

Working...
                X