Changing Gateway Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Gateway Service

Change gateway service when using Actinic Payments.

Just thought It worthwhile recording my experience here in case anyone else needs to do this.

My current setup is my payment page is provided by Actinic Payments which hands off to the banking world through WorldPay. I wanted to change this to Realex.

I had a bad time in Support who first told me to add an extra line in Business Settings>Payments and Security which would have just pointed me at the Realex page not change the gateway. Then I was told that the Actinic gateway could not be changed - which made me ever so slightly worried, two days before Worldpay pulled the plug on me.

Fortunately support pointed me at admin who had all the answers. Drop them an email containing the new merchant ID and shared secret key and they send this on to CreditCall who will make the technical change - for a small fee.

The only problem I have with this is that I do not have control over when the change is made (some time during 5 days) and thus cannot do the test transactions requested by Realex. This means that as soon as CreditCall make the change my whole website is thrown into test mode until I can get an email to Realex to tell them to go live.

My advice is that unless you are exceedingly teed off with your current gateway supplier, do not change it.
Working...
X