report: sales by short description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

report: sales by short description

I need to see a list of the total number of sales last year by product, so that I can calculate the royalties due to composers. It doesn't matter whether it's arranged by product reference or by short description, as long as the latter is visible. I'm pretty sure that this time last year I managed to find a report that did this, but so far this year it's eluding me.

Operations > Report Selection > Sales > Sales Analysis
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Actually I don't think that includes the short description. Sorry.
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

That produced a print which contained no actual information (screenshot attached).
        Attached Files

Comment

I think you're looking for "Operations | Report Selection | Sales | Transactions". This gives a product breakdown of sales and lists the product reference and short description.

If this does not do everything you need it to, it's something we could easily put together for you. Message me if you need any variation on this.
          Andy Barrow
          http://www.codepath.biz
          T: 0161 870 6355

Accredited Sellerdeck development partners since 2004.
          Data import / export and catalog management plug-ins.

Comment

I tried that one before. It bears some sort of relation to last year's sales, but I don't know what. It lists only 31 products as having been sold in the whole year. It may have been a slow year, but ,.. And my best-selling composer will be disappointed to hear that he doesn't figure at all.

I don't know what SD thinks it's telling me, but it's nothing useful. I managed it last year. Just don't know how.

Comment

ok John. I quickly ran that against a test dataset and it appeared to be reporting correctly so not sure why it's not giving you the expected results.

Let me know if you need the data extracting manually. As I said, we already have tools to do this so it wouldn't be a lot of work to achieve what you need. Our order export plug-in could generate this for you (see attachment). It would then be fairly straightforward to add the necessary sub-totals.
              Attached Files
              Andy Barrow

Comment

Thanks, Andy.

If my installation is performing differently from others' I think I ought to refer it to tech support as my next move. I might be back.

Comment

Well, I see that tech support doesn't exist any more. Not for paupers like me.

I tried a glass of Jamesons and then compacted the databases and it seems to have worked. The printer used up all my A4 with double columns and a print size I can't read, so it can't have been that bad a year after all.

Thanks !

Comment

No problem, glad you got it sorted, John.
                    Andy Barrow

Comment

Working...
                    X