AMP Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMP Anyone?

Google search algorithms gives high priority to AMP optimized pages in search results, due to its fast page load speed. And the company surveys have also revealed that a person is more likely to click a AMP link as compared to a normal non-AMP search result, once he’s experienced the fast and seamless browsing experience. (Full article here: https://thetechportal.com/2016/09/21...inks-now-live/

Would this be possible to enable with SD?

Looking at

https://www.ampproject.org/docs/get_...about-amp.html

I suspect it might take a lot of work.

The AMP HTML side you could probably do yourself.

Compatibility testing and rewriting the JS routines to be compatible with the AMP JS library is where I think the difficulty would be.

I can't remember if the sellerdeck page filtering uses AJAX or not and that might be a problem.

Also AMP is supposed to be for static content (or so I read) so I'm not sure it would support the implementation of RT stock control.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I looked at it a while ago, had a few ideas. Might be something I come back to when I have some spare time.

It seems to be suitable for static content. without running sellerdeck scripts (my understanding is that you can only use scripts that are on a google list?) it would only work as a set of landing pages.

What you'd need is a CMS to take something like the google product feed and convert it into AMP pages

Comment

AMP is mainly designed for content-only sites like media and blogs. One of the requirements is that there should be no third-party scripts. So in order to support it, any product that uses scripting (and all ecommerce applications do) would have to be rewritten from the ground up. That's supposing the AMP scripts support all the operations that ecommerce would require, which they may well not.

So I don't think it will get much support on commercial sites for the foreseeable future.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X