No announcement yet.

SMTP problems suddenly appeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...same problem for me too, I'm glad I'm using separate servers for our two sites!

I'll try ring 1and1 too and put some pressure although if our email client Thunderbird works fine with the same settings then it must be an incompatibility issue with Actinic. Has anyone askd if 1and1 still supporting localhost?
    www.grafea.co.uk
    Vintage Leather briefcases

http://www.grafea.com
    Designer leather bags
    --------------------------
    Yanni Kioupouroglou

Comment

Mike - to try that server, do I just replace auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk with mrvnet.kundenserver.de?

Do I need to refresh (I assumed not)?

When just tried this, I got:

SMTP Authentication is not supported by this server!

Comment

Chris

Whilst the offer of Actinic hosting is nice, could you not perhaps liaise with 1&1 and report back, seeing as so many of us are having this problem. I realize Actinic are not responsible for other hosts, but there is clearly an issue with one affecting the other, and I think all of us paying support fees would like some Actinic based help with resolving this. Please guys - talk!!!

To make matters worse, we now can't reach the servers to download orders (may be just coincidental)

Comment

second site : mrvnet.kundenserver.de = works

So should this now be the default smtp server for 1and1 / Actinic ?

Rgds, Tak.

Comment

Yanni
            if our email client Thunderbird works fine with the same settings then it must be an incompatibility issue with Actinic.
            I don't think it's a local PC/Actinic issue, I think it's to do with sending emails at the 1and1 server...

Tak.

Comment

When you use this: "mrvnet.kundenserver.de" as your SMTP server, Actinic network passes all the tests, however if you try to send any emails, it still doesn't work!.
              www.grafea.co.uk
              Vintage Leather briefcases

http://www.grafea.com
              Designer leather bags
              --------------------------
              Yanni Kioupouroglou

Comment

Upload first, and then try...

Tak.

Comment

Just changed my SMTP settings to: mrvnet.kundenserver.de
                  Test ran fine, did a site upload, now our customer emails send fine!
                  Would still like to know the actual issue though......
                  Conspiracy Snowboard, Ski & Skate Shop
                  St. Albans, Herts
                  www.conspiracy.uk.com

Comment

Mike - to try that server, do I just replace auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk with mrvnet.kundenserver.de?

Do I need to refresh (I assumed not)?

When just tried this, I got:

SMTP Authentication is not supported by this server!
                    I can't say for sure as I've tried so many things and had the same error message at one point.

I suspect that you might need to refresh, even though for just the network test you shouldn't have to.

So, yes. Replace auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk with mrvnet.kundenserver.de, make sure the username and password are blank, untick the usernaem and password box and do a refresh.

It worked for me (and is still working).

Mike
                    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

1&1

Phoned 1&1 three times today and at 4.45pm they admitted that mail server updates were made, and to top the lot they state that all mail forwarding is now blocked, and will not be reinstated.

Suggest every one under contract with 1&1 problems and HOUND them, as they did not notify users of alterations and that the mail server is stopping. This is a matter for trading standards.

Comment

Works with some and not others

Thanks all. I have changed my smtp setting to mrvnet.kundenserver.de. On three of my domains that works. However, on the newest one it doesn't, so must be on different server. Luckily the majority of our orders are on the domain that the fix works for. Unluckily, we had just hand sent individually 300 emails to customers using Outlook!

Sarah

Comment

Stopped working for at the moment. (EDIT: Ignore that, it's just a customer who used commas in their email address. Still working for me)

they state that all mail forwarding is now blocked, and will not be reinstated.
                          Mail forwarding is not what Actinic does. Actinic sends emails from the server using STMP (much as outlook etc do). There might be some confusion here.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Unbelievable complacency

I have 2 sites affected by 1&1's incompetence.

I have just spent 1 hour and 30 mins pushing 1&1 support to escalate this issue. Finally they accepted that something their security department is doing will prevent Actinic from working and all smtp forwarding is being blocked. I guess it's a spam vulnerability. Whatever the actual reason is that they have now created a problem for us, they aren't going to fix it because Outlook and Thunderbird work OK.

They have suggested that I might hack the Actinic software to create a workaround - Ha!

This, together with their policy of overcharging their long time customers for inferior spec packages, means it's time to find a new home.
                            Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
                            Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

Thanks Mike. The .de server works once uploaded.

Comment

Smtp 1&1

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
                                Looks like a problem at 1&1. I use 1&1 Business / Linux for my demo sites and cannot get the network test to pass on sites it used to.

Perhaps someone else using 1&1 can confirm this.
                                Go to 1&1 control Panel and check your domain account. You will note that 1&1 have tagged all your domain and sub-domains with 'MX'. This is so you sign up to their mail server for an extra monthly cost. All the old mail forwarding accounts are blocked by 1&1.

Check you contract first, then notify Trading Standards.
                                Last edited by zebed72; 06-Jun-2012, 07:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X