Upgraded to v 12.0.6 - customer emails no longer sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded to v 12.0.6 - customer emails no longer sent

I hope someone can help please. As I am a SagePay customer I have just 'upgraded' to Sellerdeck v.12.0.6 (from 12.0.3) in order to comply with SagePay Protocol v.3.
    After a long and immensely frustrating day refreshing the site and trying to get SagePay to recognise my host server I finally managed to do so, and I can pay for orders on my site successfully. The receipt page then appears as it should.

The big problem is that no confirmation emails have been sent or received from the SagePay orders I make. I am no longer expecting 'Success' emails from SagePay, but the Sellerdeck order confirmation email containing order details is a necessity.
    When I use PayPal as the PSP instead it goes through fine and the confirmation email is sent straight away.

Please can anyone help with this, as I am once again at my wit's end.

Many thanks,
    Paul Gardner

Any help or advice on the above would be hugely appreciated please.

Has anyone else had experience of the receipt page not triggering the receipt emails I wonder, especially with the new SagePay Protocol? It seems even more surprising given that the sometimes unreliable PayPal is returning receipt pages and emails just fine (so it's unlikely to be a problem with my host server).

From looking at my failed SagePay orders and comparing them to ones that worked an hour earlier, the main thing I notice is that the callback URL is now significantly different.
    SagePay 2.23 transactions used to have the callback URLs as:

"https://live.sagepay.com/vps2Form/ActSuccess.asp?ActVendor=pdgardner&ActAmount=300&AuthURL=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5wa etc"

which would trigger both the receipt page and receipt email. However, SagePay 3.00 now has callback URLs of the form:

"http://www.mywebsite.com/cgi-bin/os000001.pl?ACTION=INCONTEXTPSP&CARTID=94Z15Z90Z2525655ab10 etc"

which is triggering the receipt page but not the receipt email.
    In this post (http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...40&postcount=1) it clearly states that Order confirmation emails from SellerDeck will be sent as normal. but this isn't the case for me. Can anyone help explain why?

Many thanks
    Paul

Comment

Are you sure this is a 12.0.6 problem?

Your error log has quite a few errors along the lines of this but they go right back to March last year.

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 39917 , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2015/08/20 08:19, Internal Errors = SendRichMail asynchronous error:
      Error returned from SMTP server (4: 5.7.1 <xxx.xxx@xxxxxx.com>: Recipient address rejected: unsupported MX endpoint
      Did you have to do anything odd in your setup to get your emails working originally? All I can think of is to try running a network test just to check everything is running OK.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.

1) My network test is running okay. In March 2014 I did have to alter my network settings to change the SMTP Server from localhost to a specified IP address in order to get emails to send. However, since then in general emails have been fine, up to the 17th August this year when I upgraded and started using SagePay Protocol 3.

2) None of the recent orders I have made through SagePay show up on that error log, despite the emails not being sent.

3) I am not sure if it is a software, server or SagePay problem frankly. All I know is that before this upgrade successful SagePay orders triggered an email to the customer containing their order details and digital download links. Now that email (or its copy to me) does not get sent. SagePay say they have no input in whether order emails are sent, which I guess eliminates them from enquiries. (I emphasized DD links here just in case anyone recognises this as a major reason why the emails wouldn't be sent)

4) Just this morning I tried installing the useful code that Norman Rouxel wrote to help with certain SMTP issues in the past - http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...4&postcount=68 - this has helped me before with email issues by using Mail:Mailer to send emails, but not this time. It has made no difference, PayPal emails are sent, SagePay are not.

To be clear, I know not to expect SagePay 'Payment Success' emails anymore, as the protocol has changed. But Sellerdeck did specify that 'Order Confirmation emails would be sent as normal' after the upgrade. It's just incredibly frustrating that this isn't happening for me, and I don't know why.

Thanks for reading, and for any available advice,
        Paul

Comment

This sounds like one for support to look at.

email to the customer containing their order details and digital download links. Now that email (or its copy to me) does not get sent
          It might be worth placing a test order if the customer is getting the email. As you say, it's important for the digital download link.

One other thing that might help identify the problem. Are orders coming through as being paid? I'm just wondering if there's something to do with the callback which might have changed and might not be triggering the receipt email.

Comment

Yes, the Sage Pay order itself goes through fine, and then the callback URL sends me to the proper receipt page with the download links as it should. I can then see this order in my SagePay account, all paid for, and I can refund or void it.

But the corresponding email is not sent.

This is what's strange though, I always thought the production of the receipt page 'triggered' the receipt email. However, in a test order I've just done with PayPal, the order email now seems to be sent out after the customer has completed the payment but BEFORE they click on the 'Return to site' link which produces the Sellerdeck receipt page. This contravenes what I said above, and what I've heard elsewhere about what triggers what.

This is leading me down yet another line of enquiry, one that I picked up upon reading the Release notes for version 12.0.5:

"Confirmation email is now created for Digital Download products even if payment authorisation is late,
            SD-2590 "

For my issue apparently not to be affecting lots of other people, I'm guessing my situation must be fairly unique. I wonder if it's just that I'm the only one to have upgraded past 12.0.5, now using SagePay 3, and require confirmation emails with Digital Download products to be sent. And there is a Sellerdeck bug somewhere that means while this now works for PayPal (it didn't used to) it doesn't now work with Sage Pay. Just a thought.

I realise this may be starting to read like a bit like a Conan Doyle novel now, except one with a completely clueless protagonist who is starting to chew off his own hand.

Comment

Right. This is a digital download issue.

I did the (very obvious in retrospect) test of creating a new product without any download links and tried to order that. I did this on two different cards in two different names, both through SagePay. Both were fully successful, and crucially both generated the order confirmation emails I've been craving!

Tried it again with one of my pre-existing products (all of which generate digital download links), and the order is successful and presents the receipt page with links, but not the confirmation email.

Something has gone wrong in one or more of the scripts I guess. The digdown.pm and nph-download.pl scripts haven't changed between 2013 and 2015, so may be able to eliminate them. Could perhaps be the Actinic.pm or ActinicOrder.pm files, both of which are considerably revised.
              However my money is on the OCCSagePay.pl script missing something crucial, or possibly even the new OCCSagePay.js file.

As I went straight from 12.0.3 to 12.0.6, I missed out patching to 12.0.5 earlier in the year, when I know some change (described above) happened to the digital download email process. Had I done so, I might have found this problem occurred when SagePay were still on protocol 2.23. I just don't know.

Anyway, I would really appreciate it if someone from Sellerdeck could officially recognise that this is likely to be a bug (in what otherwise is a great piece of software btw), and that it can be investigated as such. I would be very happy to test out any new scripts the technical team come up with in order to help sort this out.

Thanks,
              Paul

Comment

It does rather sound like a bug. From what you're saying happens it looks as if sellerdeck have changed the triggers for the customer email and somewhere there's a problem with the sagepay trigger (possibly as a result of the new V3 protocol integration).

Do I take it you don't have Sellerdeck cover so are unable to get support directly involved?

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike, I think what you've said sums up the issue well.

I don't have Sellerdeck Cover as day to day I don't have need for it. I do hope that this won't prevent me from reporting this as a software bug however, as I'm sure I won't be the only person who starts to find problems trying to use SagePay 3 with Sellerdeck's digital download facility.

Thanks, Paul

Comment

Still not fixed this yet, although Sellerdeck did invite me to send a site snapshot last week. Fingers crossed...

For me, it's definitely a digital download issue. I have just stripped one of my products of its DD link, ordered it and everything's fine. As soon as I put that link back, no email. Either way in PayPal the confirmation email is always generated and sent.

Is anyone else finding this problem, selling digital downloads while using SagePay's new protocol v3? Alternatively, if anyone on Sellerdeck 2014 finds that it's isn't a problem, I should be interested to compare perl scripts if that's at all possible...

Paul

Comment

I assume that SellerDeck Support informed you it is a bug, in case not and for reference for others, linking to the knowledge base article below that was just posted about the problem and a fix:

Order confirmation emails are not sent when using new Sage Pay integration
                      "If you are using the new Sage Pay (v3 protocol) integration recently released, you may find that order confirmation emails are not sent when the order contains a digital download product.
                      This is due to a bug (SD-5733), to resolve this please see the workaround
                      ".. fix available on that topic.
                      Peblaco

Comment

Hooray!

Hi Louise,

Yes, Sellerdeck did inform me this morning of this the fix to which you link, and having just employed it I'm delighted to say that it appears to have done the trick!! I needed to reboot the software as the first time I tried to upload the change it didn't register, but once I FTP'ed into the site having uploaded the second time I saw the os000001.pl file in the CGI-bin had changed accordingly,

Many many thanks to the technical/development teams for addressing this. And thanks to you to Louise for providing much advice and moral support

Paul

Comment

Same issue of missing Customer emails using WorldPay

Hi.

I have just started to use digital downloads on SellerDeck 2013. I have WorldPay as my payment provider. I have found that a customer email is not sent if the order contains a download.

I have some downloads that are completely free so do not go through WorldPay. These process fine and generate customer emails. If an order has no download but does require payment through WorldPay it generates a customer email on completion as expected. So in both of these cases it works perfectly.

As soon as an order contains something that requires payment through WorldPay along with a download it does not generate a customer email. The order confirmation page post WorldPay comes up fine and includes the download link. However, no customer email is sent.

Do you think the SagePay fix might also work for WorldPay?

Many thanks

Tony
                          Tony
                          www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

Comment

This could be the same issue. The V16.0.1 release has this in it so it sounds as if the fix has just been included in the latest release.

Digital Download confirmation email is now sent for orders paid using Sage Pay v3, SD-5733

Comment

Many thanks. I have asked SellerDeck support so will see what they come up with.
                              Tony
                              www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X