Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost backup, is there any other way ?

Hi all,

After been so careful for such a long time, I've lost an important export / backup .acd file.

All of the files and images etc are in my site 1 folder, but after a complete system re-install I can only restore sd to about a month ago, so loads of work potentially lost.

If all the work that I carried out in the last month still exists in my site 1 folder (I can see it all in there), is there any other way to restore without the correct backup file ?

Other than that, I could do a deep scan with recovery software on my previous hard drive swap but not holding out much hope for that.
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Do you have the latest ActinicCatalog.mdb file in the Site1 folder? Because you can save that, and the whole of the old Site1 folder to a safe place, then reinstall Sellerdeck and then copy the Site1 folder back to where the reinstallation Sites folder is.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Moleend do a free mdb backup file that you can set to make a copy of your mdb every few min or hour,
      That way you can always have a good copy available in our case every hour
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thanks Jules and Chris,

Ive managed to restart with a newer database file, this may have saved all of my last price changes. Unfortunately I have now lost all the artwork images over the last month, along with custom coding etc and the site would be a semi-broken mess if I uploaded as it is.

My only chance now is a deep recovery scan, aprox 12 hours, on my old hard drive to see if the site 1 folder is recoverable.

The live website on the web is as it should be, its a shame I cannot rescue it from our web server, or can I ?
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

You can recover all your images from the website. The only difficulty might be that they're all in the one folder so any image paths you had for them on your PC (and inside sellerdeck) will no longer work.
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike,

Yes that happened yesterday, a great many broken link paths, then a loss of much of the original site 1 folder. I will try a deep recovery scan of the old hard drive and see if site 1 folder is recoverable.

At least my site is still live on the web as it should be with all the work I did.
            Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Thought I would update this:

There was no recovery from the hard drive, due to the fact that its an SSD, that's the downside of using a solid state drive - after formatting there is no recovery whatsoever.

So I am using the rescued .mdb file.

I have images to replace / find, and some custom javascript to repair but most importantly the prices are all intact and up to date.

Lesson learned.....you can never make 'too many' backups !
              Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

So glad you have something at least. And thanks for the warning re an SSD drive - we were thinking of installing one to run alongside the usual. Thinking again, now.

And I can't recommend Jan's Easy Orders Backup highly enough. We run a backup every five minutes (ultra cautious here!) so at least we always have a very up to date .mdb available. That, plus other Cloud and network backups mean we're pretty well covered should the worst happen.
                Last edited by guccij; 12-Apr-2016, 03:57 PM. Reason: Additional info
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hello,

Thought I would update this.
                  I eventually got round to fixing this, I used the old mdb which had all prices correct and then just fixed all image links 1 by 1. I repaired a bit of custom code and the whole thing took about 2-3 hrs.

I now have backups on and separate from my Desktop, so it will not be happening again.

Thanks again for all the help here.
                  Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X