Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone had any issues after stopping using Safebuy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone had any issues after stopping using Safebuy?

Just decided to stop their service today. Read a few old threads on here and other sites and decided it wasn't worth the cost of their new charges.

I've deleted all references from our sites - logos and anything in our Ts&Cs.

Just wondered if anyone had noticed a drop in sales or had any comeback from Safebuy themselves. There's a few threads on some business forums where safebuy have been pursuing old customers for money, who have inadvertantly left a reference to Safebuy in their Ts&Cs and getting pretty heavy handed about it.

Just make absolutely sure you don't accidentally leave a logo tucked away on your site. I did just that and 4 years later they sent a demand for the 4 years subscription since I stopped the service. I could say a lot more but the forum may not be considered the right platform for me to voice my opinion further on the matter.

Comment

Regarding sales, I saw absolutely no difference in sales after terminating with them. In my opinion I think a well designed graphic of your own making will instill as much confidence with no recurring costs.

Comment

Cheers Duncan

Been through the site and only have the logo set into the main template and nowhere else.

Also checked Ts&Cs to make sure there's no mention of their name.

Did you pay up ;-) ?

Comment

Yes, I paid. They had very quickly passed the debt on to collectors without even acknowledging my letter that I sent explaining the situation. After taking legal advice I was told that I could probably have contested but that it would better to pay the amount and move on and not worth the hassle for £500. Evidentally the contract terms, even though I cancelled the 4 years previously were still binding to some degree. I therefore paid the debt collectors fees and the outstanding debt.

Funny, but not funny, part of it all was that the person taking the money at the Safebuy accounts department asked me if I wanted to pay for the next year at the same time. I declined.

Comment

We are just in the process of leaving Safebuy, they are not making it easy.

I have removed all Safebuy logos, text etc.

Is there anyway I can double check all is removed, can I search Database, if so where?

Is it possible to search Google for any pages?

Or any other ideas?

Many thanks.
            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Xenu will search and check all the links and images on your site. You can then search the results for 'safebuy' for example.

You can search all the visible text using Google and the site operator.

I'd imagine if you then viewed the page source of a few pages and searched for 'safebuy' you'd find any hidden references that you might have in the templates / layouts.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

You might also check that you don't have any old unused pages still sitting on your server mentioning Safebuy, and that any logos you used are also not left laying around on your server.

Comment

We use Feefoe and cannot really prove any increase in sales from using their logo, but and a very important but, in the search engines we do show up with the nice little stars which i think does bring in customers and give that reliable feeling to people who don't feel very confident about using the internet
                  Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                  X