Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug race...

Just wondering...

How many bugs are discovered vs the bugs resolved, per update.

Are we winning?

v16 Bug rate...

A quick look...

We discovered a bug on : 18/04/16 = SD 5986
    We discovered a bug on : 15/06/17 = SD 6868
    = 882 SD bugs in 423 days = 2 bugs per day (!?)

v16.01 release 01/03/16
    : "changes" in v16.02 = 44
    v16.03 release 21/02/17
    : "changes" in v16.03 = 25
    = 69 SD "changes" in 357 days (~5 days per "change")

Unless there are more fixes not listed in the release "changes"...
    then we're losing, losing badly

:O

Major updates (v14 to v16) would probably wipe away some bugs, but this data is just for v16

:*(

I don't think there's a bug list published, but what bug would you really like getting fixed?

Should there be a list so the community that can vote on which ones we'd really want fixing?
    - probably won't happen as publishing a list is bad publicity for Sellerdeck...

Comment

I wouldn't pay much attention to the ticket numbering. Not all of those tickets are bugs - every piece of development from v12 onwards has a ticket in the 'SD' sequence. Just changing the version number generates several tickets. Of those that are bugs, an awful lot are reported in the course of our own testing, and fixed long before the software is ever released.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Great to hear that, I do hope they are getting on top of it all...

but would like to at least see some old bugs fixed...

Few come to mind...

- eg. "Update Order Handling" button does not work... Have to set a number in Settings, then "update" the order, then reset to zero in settings...
        - eg. "Settings" > Business Settings > Options > Currency Settings : Once "GBP" radio buttion is selected, you are stuck on "GBP" forever! - you can't select back to "£"... - not a huge problem, but it's been there for so many versions now...
        - eg. import/export shipping tables has a number of problems... - at least remove some of the options that don't work...

Comment

Originally posted by zgap111 View Post
          We discovered a bug on : 15/06/17 = SD 6868
          Update:
          We were advised a bug number SD-7352 on : 23/04/18
          = +484 in 312 days

Do these SD bug numbers really increment by +1?
          Just that over 1 per day seems alot...
          But the rate has dropped from 2 per day to 1.5 per day...

Comment

v18.0.0 release page has this image with "Over 45 bugs squashed"
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tak. As I said before, you are quoting ticket numbers, and not all tickets are bugs. A major release will have dozens of tickets and sub-tickets covering the new features. So you will see a big leap in the numbering, but it doesn't mean that many more bugs!

We also test in parallel with each development, and report and fix bugs as we find them. Of the tickets that are bugs, a large proportion are fixed before the software is released.

The full list of bugs fixed in v18.0.0 is in the release notes, which are accessible on installation or from the download page.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I am hopeful Bruce... but trying out v18... it looks the same.

I had promises of v18 was going to be something special...
                after two years of waiting... no.

Testing the 3 things I mentioned on 7th July 2017...
                : Handling fee problem are two issues : SD-6671 & SD-3732
                : GBP / £ : SD-5090
                : shipping tables : SD-1458

...all three are still in v18 = not fixed

From v16.03 to v16.04, new problem
                SD-6868 : Comment field is greyed and uneditable for the manual entry of Cash/Cheque Sent/Receipt and "Void"
                : workaround, select something else (eg "authorise") then add in the neccesaary comment, then re-select the correct one (comment is greyed with the edited text)

This problem remains in v18.0.0

It just feels like with every single release we have to do something extra to workaround a new problem...

v16.03 is currently the last v16 release downloadable, so SD-6868 is a new bug for v18.00

Hope you guys really get on top of the bugs

I hope (even) Sellerdeck consider getting everyone on the same version
                AND have more regular updates - I'm sure it helps your support staff to not keep answering the same questions...

: the Paypal Express County mismatch problem must be a problem well over a year old, and only now fixed for v18... I've only started implementing the shipping by "Region" (County) from 26th March 2018 and to date I've had 915 "Error in Catalog" emails... = 24 per day = possible lost orders (some are lost, as I've had calls from customers saying they can't order on our site and they can on someone elses...)
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X