Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount & surcharge settings

Hi

I have an issue with the Discount and Surcharge setting area on my checkout page(0) in V10.

It has been crudely edited in the past and for some bizarre reason I cannot find the variable that deals with it.

Basically it is the shopping cart discount Info line, and it currently identifies.

<Actinic:Variable Name="InfoLine"/>

as the variable, but I can't find it. A search in the variable library is fruitless

I'm clearly barking up the wrong tree! Can anyone help me locate it please.

Best wishes

CD
    "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

The InfoLine variable is not in the Design Library. What was edited on that variable or layout in the past?.
    Peblaco

Comment

<Actinic:Variable Name="InfoLine"/> isn't a simple Variable. It is a placemarker for code that gets automatically populated by the Perl scripts that display the Cart and Checkout. What appears in its place is dependent on what's in the Cart.

If you right-click any layout in the Library, you get an option to compare with the factory version. That may let you see what's wrong.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Louise and Norman - thank you for your assistance.

I've made the comparisons as suggested by Norman - there are no differences and Lousie's suggestion to explore the coding simply produces this.....

<tr>
        <td><Actinic:Variable Name="InfoLine"/></td>
        </tr>

I have no idea how it has been edited historically, but it's clearly unorthodox.

I will keep you updated - thank you again for your suggestions.
        "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

Comment

Hi again Louise

This is a screenshot of the situation!

Thanks again

Comment

That should say something like "5% adjustment will be applied.." but it has "Our minimum order value is £6.00." in the middle. Default text for those messages are in the Design Text menu. You can check if your current value field has the default code or if it was edited.
            Peblaco

Comment

Louise

that is really useful - I'm getting warm now I feel.

It seems that the online surcharge text was appearing too. However is it correct that there are 2 x Payment Method Adjustment Message as in the image?

Thanks again - I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Be careful editing Design / Text messages with %<something> in them. E.g. %s is a place-holder for some text that will be applied. You can edit the text in such messages but need to have the same number of %<something> and keep them in the original order.

Strictly speaking you can omit some of the %<something> starting from the end and working back wards.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Grateful thanks to you both, the issue is now resolved.

Having been pointed towards the correct pathway, I simply defaulted everything and then rebuilt it to represent things correctly.

Your help has been invaluable and is greatly appreciated - Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X