Upgrading from V10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading from V10

I am currently using Actinic V10, but have not had a happy life with the support folk - I did try to upgrade to SellerDeck 13 some time ago, but none of my accounts would come back and despite the fact that I was paying good money for a developer support contract they were unable to get it to work. The support agent told me that there was a bug that prevented the accounts coming back and I would be informed when it was fixed - obviously I never heard again and no one was very helpful when I did ask for help. My overall experience with their tech support is that some guys there really know their onions, but more haven't any more idea than myself. They seem to be geared up to folk using all the standard Actinic templates and not for folk like me who want a site to be unique and well designed.

Basically I had no option but to stick with V10. I carried on paying for my support contract until a few months ago when I needed help and they told me they had stopped supporting V10 some time ago. I was offered no refund and no offers of help to upgrade to a later version. I am pretty much stuck with the platform as is. I don't have limitless financial resources to throw at this. I have e-mailed the sales team who have ignored my request for some kind of cost to get up to date.

Is it practical for me to try and upgrade from V10 ? Has anyone else tried? What is important is not to lose accounts that are set up. I use Designer on one machine for design and adding products etc and Business Client on another to take the orders.

Any help would be much appreciated

Ralph
    www.bikerstoolbox.co.uk

Originally posted by VDUK View Post
    Is it practical for me to try and upgrade from V10 ? Has anyone else tried? What is important is not to lose accounts that are set up. I use Designer on one machine for design and adding products etc and Business Client on another to take the orders.

Any help would be much appreciated

Ralph
    www.bikerstoolbox.co.uk
    There is no problem with running multiple versions of SellerDeck on a single machine so you could download the latest versions of V11,V12, V14 and V16 and install each version on the design machine. I have the same setup on my machines. You can then take a snapshot of the V10 site and upgrade it through the different versions to see if it works correctly.

If successful you should be able to upgrade to latest version.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
    X