No announcement yet.

External links problem - unable to update External Data in v16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sympathise with you over this contempt and lack of action by their lordships over what is a fundamental part of there sales in being able to import files from excel

Bugs are a way of life but this fault id far larger failing than a mere bug and even though i don't use this feature, it should have been given the highest priority to have it sorted

With this very negative approach by Sellerdeck i for one, am using Sellerdeck for the last time, when my site next needs a update i will change to WP

This forum gives far more help to users than Sellerdeck's inputs and even when i paid for support it was often above the help desk and disappeared to the developers never to be heard of again, this happened many times
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thanks Chris, I'm now feeling the same. You'd have thought looking after your core long term customer base and making sure the products basic functions worked properly would be a priority.. I'm frustrated but also quite sad at the lack of support. I certainly don't feel like a valued customer anymore.
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
        Still no response at all on this... no fix date.. no workaround.. just radio silence.
        Obviously not good!
        I do not use this facility, but I often updated product stock and price changes by importing text files exported from MS Access to Excel and then saved as TAB delimited text files for import into SellerDeck V14 in flat file TAB delimited format.
        I have just checked and find I can still do this in V16.
        It helps if the text data field names match the SellerDeck database field names which will probably be the case with your existing Excel file that you are no longer able to link externally to V16.
        Perhaps this is a method you could use pending a resolution of your problem.
        Martin
        Mantra Audio
        Martin
        Mantra Audio

Comment

The problem in this case is not that you can't link to an external file, that bit works fine. Sellerdeck will link to the external file and import the contents of that file without any problems.

What doesn't work is that sellerdeck won't update the contents of the external file as things like stock get updated. This is an option within sellerdeck that no longer works.
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

That's right Mike.

Thanks for the input though Martin.
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I moved off SellerDeck just over a year ago but I still look at the community (I probably look more often than SellerDeck themselves) because after using a product for around 18 years you develop a certain affinity to it.

If anybody wants to hear my story about moving away, good bits, bad bits drop me a private message and I will happily let you know about my experience.

Peter
              Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Comment

Is the private messaging actually working on here anymore? I don't seem to be getting messages or email notifications from the forum anymore despite being subscribed to threads. (and they're not going into spam either)
                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I've just sent you a message through your profile.

Comment

As the messaging function appears to not be working, if anybody want to contact me just find the details on my website.

Peter

Comment

I don't think that you should automatically get free support for software that offers a support contract that you have chosen not to have but maybe two things are needed by Sellerdeck with regard to support :

1) A bug report form, so that users without support can report bugs
                      2) Support for a one off or hourly fee

Kind regards,
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                        I don't think that you should automatically get free support for software that offers a support contract that you have chosen not to have but maybe two things are needed by Sellerdeck with regard to support :

1) A bug report form, so that users without support can report bugs
                        2) Support for a one off or hourly fee

Kind regards,
                        Technically though Jan we are not talking about me wanting 'support'.. like I am unable to do something... The software isn't working as it should! The external linking is broken... That's a software failure.

"Difference between defect, error, bug, failure and fault: “A mistake in coding is called error ,error found by tester is called defect, defect accepted by development team then it is called bug ,build does not meet the requirements then it is a failure.”
                        https://www.quora.com/Software-Testi...ct-and-Failure
                        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Plus Jan, according to Trading Standards, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, digital content should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described.

You shouldn't need to pay extra for a 'support contract' to resolve an issue with software that isn't working as described! Do you really think you should?
                          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by printerbase View Post
                            I've just sent you a message through your profile.
                            Hi Peter... nope.. no messages are coming through. I have emailed you directly via your website.
                            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Plus Jan, according to Trading Standards, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, digital content should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described.
                              This act entitles you to a repair or a replacement, as I understand it, Sellerdeck are repairing the issue.
                              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Technically though Jan we are not talking about me wanting 'support'.. like I am unable to do something... The software isn't working as it should! The external linking is broken... That's a software failure.

"Difference between defect, error, bug, failure and fault: “A mistake in coding is called error ,error found by tester is called defect, defect accepted by development team then it is called bug ,build does not meet the requirements then it is a failure.”
                                https://www.quora.com/Software-Testi...ct-and-Failure
                                So option one would suit your needs, a way to reports bugs in the software when you do not have a support contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X