No announcement yet.

Improvements ot my website not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now the re direct problem is sorted out. hurrah !!!

Should this make a difference ???
    Not much really unless you have lot's of links going to the wrong domain. It is technically much neater and helps buyers who might have had a problem seeing the shopping cart. So it is good to have it sorted.

Now all we ned to sort out is how ot remove the pages with technical problems which are all listed as 404s heres an example http://www.fantasygirl.co.uk/acatalo...-WigShamp.html
    OK. Let's use this as an example.

That file, which you've now deleted, is linked to on your wig shampoo page. It's the 'More' link after the text "Gentle action and formulated especially for fibre hair."

see http://www.fantasygirl.co.uk/acatalo...-WigShamp.html

I think this pop up link is probably generated in the product details. So go to the product in sellerdeck, click the 'Extended Information' bit and you should see that the box marked 'Generate Popup Page' is ticked. To remove it, untick the box.

The easiest way to find the pages that have the link on them is to use Xenu as it will give you a list of pages that have the dead links on them. You then just need to go into sellerdeck, find the right product, and remove the tick for the extended info popup (or just go through all your products one by one, whichever is quicker).

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
      Here is a scan of your website using Seobility.

It does look in a bad way so it should be easy to make big improvements.
      [ATTACH]6618[/ATTACH]

A week on I have implemented many of the changes suggested I am trying to master SEO by looking at webmaster youtube videos, got xenu (any recommedations apprecaited) there plus sorted out a javascript error however orders have really dried up I can't beleive its worse than before .

Here's my latest scan with seobility my question is have I made the big improvements necessary if not which ones are needed ??
      Attached Files

Comment

i suspect the problem you have at the moment by removing the orphan files first before removing the links is that Google will find missing files, broken links, etc and decide your site isn't working properly.

Over time Google will notice that the links have gone and the removed files aren't needed but it can take weeks rather than days for this to sort itself out.

I've never used seoability so have no idea what all the warnings are about. You're going to need to spend some time figuring out what the warnings are telling you and what you need to do about them. I'm sure they must have proper documentation including a help section and support forum.

Google webmaster tools will tell you about problems they see with your site so that's another route you can use to find and fix problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
          i suspect the problem you have at the moment by removing the orphan files first before removing the links is that Google will find missing files, broken links, etc and decide your site isn't working properly.

Over time Google will notice that the links have gone and the removed files aren't needed but it can take weeks rather than days for this to sort itself out.

I've never used seoability so have no idea what all the warnings are about. You're going to need to spend some time figuring out what the warnings are telling you and what you need to do about them. I'm sure they must have proper documentation including a help section and support forum.

Google webmaster tools will tell you about problems they see with your site so that's another route you can use to find and fix problems.
          Thanks Mike I did get the feeling that removing/changing pages would have a inital negative effect on google do you think maybe google ads might be a filler until things sort out ??
          Xenu crawl did come up with the same dead links as Seobility.

Webmaster Toolsoffers shows where we are already listed under what keywords. I have added ot my meta description and page titles to booster snippets etc

I suppose its a long term thing rather than short fixes shame Sellerdeck don't have something like Yoaster

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike Hughes;353572]i suspect the problem you have at the moment by removing the orphan files first before removing the links is that Google will find missing files, broken links, etc and decide your site isn't working properly.

by the way Mike how do I remove the links first then ??

Comment

by the way Mike how do I remove the links first then ??
              The easiest way would be to just remove the pop-up link from the product. IIRC Sellerdeck doesn't delete old files without a purge and refresh so they would stay there until you manually deleted them.

Xenu crawl did come up with the same dead links as Seobility
              If Xenu comes up with the same dead links then I'd use that as it shows you which page the dead links are on. That's a major help in finding the links and removing them.

do you think maybe google ads might be a filler until things sort out ?
              Yes. I'd use Google product ads to keep customers coming to the site. I'd also do what I could to give the site a little boost in Google and show that the site is still active. It can be as simple as things such as:

- Add some fresh content to the product pages. Even just adding a relevant sentence to the product descriptions will give a fresh content boost.

- Make a few posts to your facebook page and/or twitter account. It can be as simple as mentioning you're working on the site or highlighting a product with a link back to your site.

- Create a pinterest account and pin a few product photos with a link back.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X