Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version updates? Worth doing?

Hello all,

We are currently still on the earliest version of Sellerdeck 2016 and I have been informed they have 2 further version updates available.

What do these updates do and is it worth me spending the time and suspending orders for 10 minutes, on a very busy e-commerce site to do this?

Any info greatly appreciated, the tech support through Sellerdeck could not answer this question.

It depends if you have any issues, or require any bug fixes.

An update can also have its own issues as well.

We usually update on another PC and run in test mode, repair anything that has changed, and then when all is fine import it on to the work pc.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Thank you, we have a lot of problems with sellerdeck and every time we upgrade or change anything, it seems to cause us more problems, so will avoid then.

Thanks

Comment

Be interesting to know what the Earliest version is that's still being used
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Version 16.3 has more than 100 updates over 16.0 covering bug fixes, features and updates in a lot of different areas. A lot of these are significant and well worth updating for.

From my experience, I'd say most of the problems with upgrades usually arise during major version upgrades rather than minor upgrades within a version.

If you've gone to the effort to make a version upgrade then I'd strongly recommend you upgrade within that version to the latest release. Otherwise you're going through all the pain of an upgrade but not getting all the benefits of an up to date strong and stable release.

If you have any doubt, go to the download section and read the release notes. They list all the changes that have been made within that version.
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

We are holding at v16.01
            - mainly because of this : http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=57057
            - don't really want to update and introduce a potential problem, which will add more time to process every order...

Comment

Working...
            X