Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whenever I try to checkout, I receive a Error 500 server error. My host tells me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever I try to checkout, I receive a Error 500 server error. My host tells me...

Whenever I try to checkout, I receive a Error 500 server error. My host tells me the checkout perl script is 8MB and so is too big. Please advise.

It is not OrderScript.pl itself but it is the runtime environment that takes up 8MB. In other words, this 8MB includes the memory required by perl and perl modules. Otherwise the script itself requires approximately 1Mb with all the modules and loaded data structures.

One way around this is to increase the memory allocated to these processes to approx 12MB. Your ISP will need to do this.

Another way around this is to install the following modules on the web-server. This can only really be done by the MHP (Hosting company).

Digest-MD5
    This is an encryption algorythm that can be installed under Perl on both Windows and Unix servers. To install it under Windows, at a command prompt type:
    ppm install Digest-MD5.

For UNIX servers, please consult your documentation.

mod_perl
    mod_perl is a standard apache module which can be downloaded from http://perl.apache.org/ and should be installed under apache.
Working...
X