Bug: Revert to Factory fails on List Layouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug: Revert to Factory fails on List Layouts

If you try to Revert to Factory on a List type layout, only the Layout Code part reverts.

Any changes made in the Click here to edit list layout settings area remain. Both the Overall Design and Edit Rows and Column areas are omitted from the revert.

Example: On a demo site, edit layout Sub Section List with Horizontal Dividers.
    In the top of the Layout Code pane put "BAD CODE 2".
    Click the Click here to edit list layout settings.
    In the Overall Design pane / Start of List, at the top put "BAD CODE 1".
    OK out.

Section lists will now display with BAD CODE 1 at the top and BAD CODE 2 in each item.

Now revert Sub Section List with Horizontal Dividers to factory settings.
    Examine the layout and the Overall Design pane / Start of List still contains BAD CODE 1.

Others have noticed this (e.g. http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=52724) but I can't see it being reported as a definite bug.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

I've also seen erratic behaviour when importing Partial Site Designs that change list layout settings / Overall Design and Edit Rows and Columns. Sometimes changes are made sometimes old values remain. Harder to pin down and document than the very definite behaviour in post #1.

Comment

And a major PITA to fix by hand. There's only 1 lump of code in the Layout Code part but a massive 42 code snippets in the Overall Design and Edit Rows and Columns areas!

Comment

Hello Norman

Thank you for raising this. I have added it to our list along with your scenario, am able to replicate my end as well.

Regards
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X