Minicart problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minicart problem

I am using the MiniCart that was posted on this forum many years ago on my V9 site but today noticed a problem (I am sure it wasn't there before as I am sure I would have noticed).

I now seem to have an extra line called Discounts with a value equal to the VAT amount.

I believe it originally displayed the mini cart as:

1x Champ Stinger Golf Spikes £8.95
    Shipping £1.95
    Total £10.90

but now I have:
    1x Champ Stinger Golf Spikes £8.95
    Shipping £1.95
    VAT £1.81
    Discounts -£1.81
    Total £10.90

My pricing is VAT inclusive and believe the Discounts line usually only displayed for orders outside the EU and VAT exempt.

The only thing I changed prior to noticing the problem was enable Paypal Express temporarily before disabling.

Does anyone have any idea what I might have done or why it is working as it is.
    The totals are correct but is likely to cause confusion to a customer.
    I have refreshed the website and compared script files to older versions using Winmerge but the files were identical.

I can post a copy of the MiniCart scripts if required.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

believe the Discounts line usually only displayed for orders outside the EU and VAT exempt.
    It might just be the sellerdeck cookie on your PC might be remembering an international destination setting. You could try adding something to the cart and selecting the UK as your destination during checkout.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

That was my first thought and have tried on 2 different computers and 3 different browsers and gone back through and reselected UK but no change.
      I have also refreshed the website completely.
      It calculated the total correctly when UK, EU or Non-EU destinations selected, but for UK and EU orders adds in the discounts line when not needed.

Thanks for the suggestion Mike.

I tried commenting out what I thought would be the relevant line in the ActinicExtras.js file but that just produced a completely empty minicart display.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

It's odd because if it was OK before then it should still be fine.

Did you make any changes / update your V9 and forget to make the the required changes to ActinicOrder.pm?

The only other thing I can think of is that sellerdeck might have changed the cookie settings in V9 to include shipping / location details for paypal express and this might be what is causing your problems here (and also why your paypal express integration isn't working).

Edit:

The only other thing I can think of is that sellerdeck might have changed the cookie settings in V9 to include shipping / location details for paypal express
        Apparently not. Reading around suggests your express checkout problem existed until later in V10.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike,

Paypal assure me that the Paypal Express integration is OK (in my other thread), although need to test to properly, as I hadn't realised you log into Paypal early and then are bounced back to select delivery service and destination country before the total is sent to Paypal)

I have had another play with the mini cart and noticed that when the total (inc VAT) is between £85.71 and £100.00 the word 'Discounts' changes to 'Surcharges', although I can't see why that would occur.
          £85.71 is the point where the Total Inc VAT + the VAT = £100.00 (VAT included in £85.71 is £14.29 and £85.71 + £14.29 = £100)

Can someone remind me how I display the contents of a variable on screen to help in analysing what is going on, I have done it before but can't remember how.
          If I get time later I will have a search around the forum myself as I am sure Norman or Duncan have often posted a way of doing it.
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
          X