problem ordering product on the web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem ordering product on the web

been using actinc v8 for a few years now, without problems, many simple ones, some quite complex - the problem one has four dropdown's and 8 optionals, but like I say, nothing that we haven't done before.

today, someone told they couldn't order a wheelchair and when we tried and actually pressed the buy-now button, the following message appeared.
    Error: The specified product (reference g5-jpunior) has just been removed from the catalog. Please return to the catalog and continue shopping. If you press the Refresh or Reload button on your browser, the removed products will no longer be visible in the catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    this error message came from within ca000001.pl
    I've checked the product, (quite a complex one with many options etc, but nothing that we don't do for other products - some of the permutations are not possible and this is done using normal actions)
    I've also looked at the source (generated code), nothing special there

so of course, the question is, "what is the error and where do we start looking - is the actual error noted anywhere else? (logged?)
    any offers.

if you want to look at the product, then this wheelchair
    kev

we've been playing,

I've assumed (rightly or wrongly) that its the dropdowns causing the problems, so deleting the first dropdown, uploading, crashing, re-instating the first dropdown before moving on to deleting the second dropdown, uploading,crashing etc etc.
    regardless of which drop down I delete, the page still crashes,
    I've tried deleting all of the dropdowns, it still crashes.
    clearly the "product" is corrupt, so we've had no real choice but to abandon the problem product and re-create a brand new product in its place, coping text blocks where poss, but totally new options etc.

It worked,
    Still go no idea what actually went wrong, but if anyone knows if there is a log/error-log in the background that tells us what went wrong then I;d love to know for next time.

kev

Comment

There are lots of posts regarding this same error in the archive. This post in particular seems to solve it: http://community.actinic.com/showpos...66&postcount=5
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

killing off deleted items, fragments etc is something we keep purging, but thanks for the response

Comment

Working...
        X