Norton giving warning to customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norton giving warning to customers

Has anybody had notice from customers regarding Norton giving a "Mass Injection" file warning.

Had this e-mail this morning -

"I came to make an order on your web-site tonight and was notified by my Norton security package of a web attack : Mass injection website whch was directed through your site on opening the web page, but was blocked. I am delaying my order"

Followed by a phone call from another customer shortly after. The guy on the phone was far from technical but read out the whole warning and it seemed to refer to the actinicextras.js file. I have checked this and it has not been altered from my original.

The file only contains Getcartitem, Gotoanchor and a little address capitalising script.

I am wondering if Norton has the filename in its current virus directory.

Woud it be a major operation to change the file name and all its refererences in the html.

Alternatively, are "Getcartitem" and "gotoanchor" intrinsic to operation or can the sript call at html be commented out temporarily to help find the problem.
    Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
    The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

Kasperski giving the same warning and there's lots of nasty stuff trying to download from your site.

You need to change your host password, clean out your webspace and refresh actinic. It's also worth checking any htaccess files that any be around as these are often used hide / support nasty stuff.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike, I shall get on the case.

Sounds like an afternoon of hassle.
      Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Regarding clear out. Can I just delete the whole root directory through ftp then refresh from actinic or do I need to be a bit more selective?
        Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X