Improvements ot my website not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improvements ot my website not working

Sometime ago I concluded I would try myslef ot improve my website over christmas etc I decided ot resize all my images 500 x 500 72 pixels save for web . I do have a good social media presence and give lots of information. Recently I added links to a free wordpress site which I put inofrmative videos that included adult content.
    However when I did a website report it said my Alexia rankling has declined slightly in the last few months. Once again the orders are drying up they were never than fantastic.
    Any ideas my website is fantasygirl.co.uk
    Any help appreciated I sometimes wonder if I am doing more harm than good.
    I owuld ask for a designer but very few sellerdeck ones touch sites with adult content.
    Maybe SEO and google ads are thg way forward ??

Here is a scan of your website using Seobility.

It does look in a bad way so it should be easy to make big improvements.
    fantasygirl_co_uk_full_2017_02_26.zip
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post

[ATTACH]6618[/ATTACH]
      thanks really interesting am I right in saying duplicate page titles are one of the major problems ??
      I see it also says the website is black listed this sounds bad

I think I could do it myslef but not sure ??
      how much would it cost if an expert did it for me ??

Sue

Comment

Duplicate anything is bad.

You would have to search the blacklisted as I have never seen this before,

You would need someone in SEO to quote you.

If you want to do yourself sign up to the software which will help a lot Seobility.net
        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Duplicate anything is bad.

You would have to search the blacklisted as I have never seen this before,

You would need someone in SEO to quote you.

If you want to do yourself sign up to the software which will help a lot Seobility.net
          Looking at it I can go thru it and change the listing add metaword and descriptions the only thing that I am not sure about is the 2 domain names it seems one is
          http::// and the other http://www any ideas ??

Comment

Thanks I have spoekn to sellerdeck helpline and he confirmed everything you said
            I then contacted my hosting company and we went thru a 5 minute procedure
            aqnd it will be ocrrected in 24 hours time.

Not sure how ocmmon this problem is but I do urge everyone ot be vigilant and chrck this
            doesn't happen on your websites.

Comment

I have now signed up with Seobility and do several crawls of my website. I have contacted
              my hosts and got rid of the duplicate http:// and kept http://www opton.

However the problem of extended pages seem ot have grown I have found a way of removing them off the site but the seobilty crawl says they still there as dead links

heres the report advice please

Sue

Comment

From the sound of this I suspect you haven't signed up yet for Google webmaster tools.

This is the first thing I would do in your situation. You'll get lots of useful information from Google about the pages on your site, links to your site, how you're doing in the search result pages and warnings about anything Google thinks might be a problem.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                  From the sound of this I suspect you haven't signed up yet for Google webmaster tools.

This is the first thing I would do in your situation. You'll get lots of useful information from Google about the pages on your site, links to your site, how you're doing in the search result pages and warnings about anything Google thinks might be a problem.

Mike
                  I have got google analytics are webmaster tools included or is it separate

Comment

Webmaster tools are different.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/

Comment

[ATTACH]6618[/ATTACH]
                      got rid of the duplicate files but our 3rd crawl says we are 3 per down on our 1st crawl very frustrating

Attachment added
                      Sue
                      Attached Files

Comment

However the problem of extended pages seem ot have grown I have found a way of removing them off the site but the seobilty crawl says they still there as dead links
                        If you remove files from a webserver but leave the links in place then this is what will happen. It might be best if you explain what you're trying to achieve and what you've actually done.

got rid of the duplicate files but our 3rd crawl says we are 3 per down on our 1st crawl very frustrating
                        Sorry. I don't even know what this means.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike Hughes;353541]If you remove files from a webserver but leave the links in place then this is what will happen. It might be best if you explain what you're trying to achieve and what you've actually done.

I am trying to improve my optimisation score the method i used to remove 404 dead links was in Sellerdeck back office extended and or pop up pages

There is also still remains a redirect issue despite my asking my host ot redirect to one root ie the www. option
                          report still says There is no consistent redirect from the www. subdomain and your root domain without www

The xenu report is different and highlights only 27 broken links seobility mentions 72 broken links

Comment

the method i used to remove 404 dead links was in Sellerdeck back office extended and or pop up pages
                            That's nice. It means nothing to me though so I can't help you on it.

1. Your redirect isn't in place / isn't working. Go back to your webhost if they're supposed to have done this.

2. Xenu tells you which links are broken and which page the broken link is on. You obviously have to go to the page that has the broken link on it in sellerdeck and remove the broken link. Removing the files is only part of the solution. Make sure you run a site update after making the changes.

Comment

Thanks Mike
                              funnily enough I went bakc ot who I thought were the host company turns out they weren't a lady there told the actual host company host.it and now the re direct problem is sorted out. hurrah !!!

Should this make a difference ???

Now all we ned to sort out is how ot remove the pages with technical problems which are all listed as 404s heres an example http://www.fantasygirl.co.uk/acatalo...-WigShamp.html

Its a pop up page which I don't want so its has not been generated how do I get rid of it ??

Comment

Working...
                              X