Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One product to different categories

Hi All

Is that possible to link each single product to different categories without duplicate the original product?

For example, I would like to place a product in a category called " Less than £50" and also have it in the category called " 50cm -80cmm".

At the moment, I put one product to 5 different categories so have got lots of duplicate products. It is not convenient to manage them.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Afraid not, you are limited to one product group for each individual product.

Comment

If you want to automatically create some Sections showing all products within a price range here's how:
      Go to Design / Library / Layouts / Fragments. Right-click Text Only and choose Copy.

Rename that copy to be All Products Less Than £50

Double-click that new layout and replace all code with:
      Code:
      <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList">
      	<actinic:block type="ProductList">
      		<actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29%20%0d%26%26%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%200%29%20%0d%26%26%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%3c%2050%29" >
      			<actinic:variable name="ProductLayout" value="Standard Layout Using CSS" />
      			<hr/>
      		</actinic:block>
      Now create a Section called e.g. "Less than £50".
      In that Section create a single fragment. Give it a dummy name and set its layout to be All Products Less Than £50 and you should now have an automatic list of all such products displayed.

Repeat for other price ranges, changing the BlockIf in the new Fragment Layout.

Here's one that would display £50 to £99 only.
      Code:
      		<actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29%20%0d%26%26%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%3d%2050%29%20%0d%26%26%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%3c%3d%2099%29" >
      			<hr/>
      The code above automatically excludes Duplicates from displaying.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
        If you want to automatically create some Sections showing all products within a price range here's how:
        Go to Design / Library / Layouts / Fragments. Right-click Text Only and choose Copy.

Rename that copy to be All Products Less Than £50

Double-click that new layout and replace all code with:
        Code:
        		<actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29%20%0d%26%26%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%200%29%20%0d%26%26%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%3c%2050%29" >
        			<hr/>
        Now create a Section called e.g. "Less than £50".
        In that Section create a single fragment. Give it a dummy name and set its layout to be All Products Less Than £50 and you should now have an automatic list of all such products displayed.

Repeat for other price ranges, changing the BlockIf in the new Fragment Layout.

Here's one that would display £50 to £99 only.
        Code:
        		<actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29%20%0d%26%26%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%3d%2050%29%20%0d%26%26%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceRaw%22%20%2f%3e%20%3c%3d%2099%29" >
        			<hr/>
        The code above automatically excludes Duplicates from displaying.
        Thank you so much, Norman. I am gonna try it. But I still have questions about this. can I show products of one particular section within a price range? Not all products on the website. Is that possible to show products within a size range and in different colour etc.

Comment

How many products would you say that you have roughly?

Comment

Put another block around the

code that restricts to a chosen Section. Psudo code follows:

BlockIf (SectionName == "My Section") OR (SectionName == "My Other Section")

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
              Put another block around the

code that restricts to a chosen Section. Psudo code follows:

BlockIf (SectionName == "My Section") OR (SectionName == "My Other Section")
              Thanks, Norman. Have done what you said. But the products have been shown in one column within the fragment. Is that possible to get the results into 4 columns? In addition, I purchased your "sort by price" plug in before, how to make it works on these pages? Many thanks

Comment

Four columns:

You might be able to do the 4 columns bit by putting each item in a DIV styled to be a fixed width that's about a quarter of the available width. If that's not clear enough for you, you'll have to ask for a CSS expert to help as I'm not one.

The other way to do this would involve creating a table and using PHP to count the items and echo out new rows when required. And to complete the final row if not a 4 item row.

Sorting:

This would require considerable bespoke work to implement. Email me for a quote if interested.

Comment

Norman's right, if you create a class such as below and add it to the stylesheet:

.prodColLink {
                  margin: 5px;
                  padding: 5px;
                  width: 120px;
                  float: left;
                  height: 30px;
                  border: 1px solid #ccc;
                  }

and then apply that class around the link like so:

<div class="prodColLink">
                  HTML HERE
                  </div>

Things to note:

a) remove the border styling line if no border is required
                  b) adjust the height to suit, needs to have a height to layout correctly with the float though
                  c) adjust the width to suit remembering that you need to allow for the padding and the margin size on your calculations, rough way to work that out is find out the width of your central area in site options, take 70 off that number and then divide by 4, that will very closely fill the screen with a bit of leeway for possible cross browser issues.

Comment

Working...
                  X