No Order Line for Main Product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Order Line for Main Product

I've seen a couple of posts on this and want desperately to get it to work for my components but how do I actually get the option to appear?

Scenario is mapping products. I have a product group (all set up as products with unique references and set to 'hide on web site). Within the group there are 6 products - South, Central, Wales, North, N.Scotland & S.Scotland.

I want them to appear on the shop as a tick box component of the group so you have a single description and the 6 options to the right. That's ok. I've set the 6 components up as associated product pricing, tax, name etc, 'component as separate order line' and 'is optional'.

The master product is set to 'Sum of Component Prices' but still the option for 'No Order Line for Main Product ' doesn't appear on the general tab.

What am I doing wrong? I can't find a mention of it in the help files...

It'll only appear if you have "Component as separate order line" ticked for your component.
    This then creates the components orderline (which then becomes the hidden associated product's orderline) and allows you to hide the main product line.
    Tracey

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, but I do have them all ticked (each component in the product) and if I untick one I get an warning message saying that the 'no orderline for main product will be set to False' but even with them all ticked I still can't see the option to have it set. Is there somewhere else this should be appearing (i;m looking for this in the main product under the dropdown option for pricing model ' Sum of Components Pricing'.

Thanks

Comment

Is there an answer to this old posting?

I would like to know the answer to this problem that I came across on this forum, as it is the same problem I am having now. Any ideas? I want to hide the main product line after having the components as separate order lines.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
        X